Chapter 18

When it strikes

After eating some snacks with Eustace again. I stopped laughing from their jokes. I just noticed Jahrid stared at me blankly.

I bit my lip. My phone rang. I leaped out of my place. Shit! I thought it will give me heart attack. It's a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number

Are you really that happy?

I furrowed my eyebrow. My eyes drifted to Jahrid again now that he's leaving the living room and went to his room. Maybe.

Me:

Why? Who the hell are you?

I looked at the ceiling to think who might be this person. But I think we knew each other because of the way this person talks. My phone beeped again.

Unknown number:

Someone closer than you think, Euphiemia

I widen my eyes. As expected. This person knows me.

Me:

What do you want?

Damn it! I can't believe I'm like this.

Unknown number:

I just don't want you close to Eustace.

How did this jerk knows? I had a speck of feeling it that it's eithet Jandrick or Jahrid. It's only me and Eustace is here.

Me:

Can I ask who you are?

In case......

Unknown number:

Red

I furrowed my eyebrows remembering it. No it can't be.

Unknown number:

Did you remember the stupid nickname you gave me, Euphie?

*************

"Jahred!"I shouted. He turned to me. "It's Jahrid not red!"he groaned. "Sorry, I just want to thank you. My wounds got better now"I said while smiling.

He blinked and furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah you should be because you pronounced my name wrongly"he said then turned away.

"It suits you red though. Hot tempered and cold but someone need help it melts however, it will be your nickname"I said while turning away too.

I can feel his darted eyes at me. Yeah, we're enemies at first because of Red that I gave.

*************

Am I fucking dreaming? Is it really him? But how did he know I was with Eustace? Even so, why would he ask it like that?

Me:

That's not a stupid nickname to me. Is is really you? Why am I going to need to stay away from Eustace? Is there a bomb in him?

I just asked all questions.

Unknown number:

I'm jealous. Jamaica Euphie Arcadejas.  ̄︿ ̄

Seeing that emoticon really hit my nerves and he called me completely. He's serious. But what I felt isn't a skip beat of my heart but pain. It strikes me. The thing I thought that he just considering me as friend.

I'm glad a bit but this is all of a sudden.

Me:

What do you mean? That having him closer? Or....... The real meaning of jealous in a person?

Damn it! I lied. Even though I don't want to take it seriously. I want his answer.

Unknown number:

I REALLY AM JEALOUS, EUPHIEMIA. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I WON'T LET YOU GO NOW LIKE BEFORE NOW STEP AWAY FROM HIM!

Seeing that all capital  messages made my heart felt fear, pain and relieved if that is.

Me:

Seriously? Why would you get jealous?

I asked innocently and i moved away a bit from Eustace and he didn't even notice now that his eyes is sticking to the movie.

Unknown number:

Jesus! Your innocent mind really? I like you Euphiemia now stay away light years from him!

My hands trembled looking at the phone. I thought a bit that he is just roaming the resort and found this place and saw it at the window but I'm afraid to look.

Or....... Another thing?

Me:

How did you know I'm with Eustace anyway? Did you know him? And if you are burning mad there just calm yourself

I bit my lip. Damn it! Why is this so sudden? I really want this words but not this sudden.

I noticed he didn't reply. I heard a slam on the door. My body jerked up. Shit!

I even jerked more that someone is calling me. "Yes?"I answered. "We had an ulcer patient Doctor Euphiemia but there is no doctors available even the team B"someone reported.

I can see at the corner of my eye that Jahrid is staring at me. "Okay I'll be there but...... No doctors available right? Who will be my assistant?"I asked.

"You still have one here"Jahrid said. I turned to him. I bit my lip. "So, Doctor Jahrid will be the assistant"it said then hung up.

"What are you doing? Get ready"Eustace said. I nodded confusingly.

***************

I also asked the nurse that to keep the guardians at the patient's room. I always do that. Anyways, there is only one guardian of hers so it wasn't bad.

I readied myself to the surgery.

After an hour, I went out of the OR. Shit! My head hurts. The feeling that I lost my mom hunting me. "Euphie!"Jahrid shouted.

Seems he didn't notice. Three guardians are waiting. I saw him widen his eyes and hugged me.

Damn it! I cried again. "Shit"he mumbled. Really? He asked the guardians to go away and said the surgery is a success and he explained what happened to me.

Damn, it really is traumatizing. I felt Jahrid hugged me tightly. This feeling is familiar like when I got text from him.

Something triggered me. This feeling but damn my head hurts. I screamed and Alisa came to us.

"We need to transfer her to the ER"she said. Jahrid nodded and Alisa ran to the ER to ready a bed. Now we're alone.

"Euphie, get yourself together"he said while rubbing my back and his other hand wiped my tears away. He smiled.

"They didn't know that you had PTSD only the patient's mother was visiting a while ago so they didn't know"he explained.

Did he read my mind? Yeah right, I was going to crush the nurse to death because he didn't inform anyone! It somehow triggered me something. I don't know. Really.

When my PTSD strikes, I'm too depressed now this man who hugged me is here I felt comfortable a bit in his arms.

Written by: annexbunny