Chapter 28

Small world

I just stared at him. I'm too dizzy of his touch. I bit my lip. And decided to answer him. "I'm just freaked out"I said looking at his eyes and explored it and he also stared at me.

It looked like he explored through my heart. "Why the hell will you freak out? Because I will scold you for roaming around while you're still sick?"he asked.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Happiness and loneliness really are opposite, huh?

I looked at him and nodded. He also nodded and let go of my jaw and hand. "I was flustered, though. It was my first time you ran away from me. Before you always approach me when I had problems...."he said. I bit my lip.

"And I'm afraid that you'll continue being like that. It's my turn to approach you, huh?"he asked. My mouth was half open then he nodded and walked away. Wh-what?

He's afraid that I'll continue to run away from him? He's afraid that I'll ignore him? He's afraid if I turn my back on him!? And why is that!? Why!?

My head is already screaming for a reason. I put my hands on under of my bangs because of frustration. Damn you!

I really want to seek an answer. But I'm afraid to hope and it will become hopeless.

**********

Weii, I'm excited tomorrow. And we're just like that. Hanging out with the team and Eustace and everytime Eustace and I caught. Ohh, don't ask me!

"Really!?"he asked widen his eyes. "Uh-huh"I said while nodding. I told him that Jahrid is my childhood friend.... Or I don't know what?

"Whoa"he said while looking at the ceiling of the ER. I pouted. It's not like they will react this way, eh? Jandrick is angry because he didn't reveal himself.

Wait..... Did I still have PTSD? I'm feeling fine these days though. But I hate being forgetful. I'm a short-termed memory. But like they said. 'Remembering is worse than forgetting'.

Yeah, I agreed. But I really want to remember my important persons sometimes. It's not like if they will gone suddenly, right?

I heard Eustace sang 'small world'. What the hell? Is he a kid? Why the hell did he sang a song like that?

"Why are you singing?"I asked. He laughed. I raised an eyebrow. He covered his mouth when he saw my cold reaction.

"The world is too small for your Manager is your childhood friend, huh?"he asked while smiling. I laughed.

"You really had sense of humor, you know"I said while sitting on a bed. He nodded while chuckling.

"The world is too small that the fate can't choose anyone to be your friend"he smiled. I threw him a pillow and he groaned.

"I just finished cleaning my discharged patient's bed now you're ruining it!?"he growled. I laughed. Then he put the pillow at the bed again.

"Now will you get off? I need to arrange the blankets"he said while faking a smile. I was about to say something but someone already grabbed me away from the bed.

"Thanks, she really is stubborn"Eustace said to the person who held my wrist behind me. "Just go to work this girl is just annoying. Don't hang out each other if you two had some work"someone said.

And that voice? Shit! I turned to him when we finally got out of the ER. Damn it!

"Can you let me go now, Jahrid"I asked while I turned to him. He smiled and I can see sarcasm in it. "You already knew it was me, huh?"he asked. Then back to his real expression again.

Frustrated and irritation. "Why the hell are always angry?"I asked while taking my hand away. He sighed heavily then walked away.

What the hell? I walked towards the office. I opened the door and he wasn't there. Tsk, what am I expecting? I looked at my phone and I got one text from Alisa.

Alisa:

Can we hang out in the garden? I'm bored really.

I pouted. Can't she invite Jandrick!? Urgh!. I took off my doctor's robe and hang it. Well, I'm bored too so fine.

I opened the door and closed it slowly. I pulled down the hem of my sleeved dress. I went to the east side and--

I bit my lip. Jahrid is smiling while talking to Zeta. I furrowed my eyebrows and they both laughed. They didn't even noticed me, eh?

Damn this feeling! I never been jealous before. And I don't mind that. He's just a friend. I looked away and decided to take the elevator. I'm alone in the elevator.

It hurts me that he considered me as his friend now it hurts more to see him with other girl. I pressed a button to close the elevator.

It felt the time stopped. When I had unshed tears in my eyes and....... Shit! Jahrid is running to the elevator. While he's on the phone.

"Okay, I'll perform the operation and Zeta will be the assistant, inform her immediately"he said then stopped the elevator from closing. He widen his eyes as he saw me.

Tsk! So Zeta will be your assistant in a surgery, huh? When you even had an assistant manager in fucking front of you!?

I looked away so he won't see my unshed tears in my eyes. I can feel his eyes on me while the elevator is closing. "Why are you here?"he asked.

I smirked mockingly. "Am I not allowed? I'm not sick anymore"I said. Now I'm sick because of you!. "Really"He asked.

I saw in the reflection of the elevator walls that he's about to do it again. Putting his fucking hands in my forehead. Before he could put it.

I turned to him and tossed it away slowly. "I'm fine"I said angrily. He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed.

Tsk, are you frustrated you jerk!? You better take your own ass out of here!

"Okay, you looked angry seems your hormones are fine now. So, there's no need to worry about you"he said while rolling his eyes. That's it.

I don't want to be cared. What if Zeta and him are in a relationship and people will saw Jahrid taking care of me and they will think I'm flirting!?

I looked away because tears are rolling in my cheeks now. Just in time, the elevator opened. He looked at me in the reflection.

"I'll go now"he said then walked away. Go away fucker! I followed him but I went to the east side. I sat on a circle concreted bench.

I wiped my tears. "You're there"Alisa said. I widen my eyes. Oh shit! She saw tearing up. "What happened?"she asked.

So I fucking told her!

Written by: annexbunny