On the Wind, Across the Sea

The gang meets Luna and begin a plan to get the chip out of Clarke's head. Now if she could only do the same about her thoughts about Bellamy.... 

--

Colors swirled in Clarke's eyes as she opened them, dizzied with the effort of coming back to consciousness. When she was adjusted and able to sit up, she found herself in a structure similar to a containment box; it was rusted, with holes near the top that let sunlight rush in and sting her eyes. The others were waking up as well, eyes full of confusion as they got to their feet but gratefully unharmed.

Bellamy gave her a look as she stood up, one that said, So we're not dead yet, and she offered him a small lift of her mouth in reply. She was grateful for that, but yet was always a worrying word.

With that in mind, she felt for her gun, wanting its security, but it was gone, along with her knife. She panicked at this, but the look the others gave her revealed all their weapons had been taken; they would simply have to wait to see if they could get them back.

She rubbed the back of her head, wincing; the pounding had intensified with being drugged, but that was low priority now. First, they needed to figure out where they were—and then, if they were in Floukru as she prayed, find Luna.

The structure had a single path they could follow, and Lincoln affirmed it was the way out. As they winded around upwards, she caught up to him, hissing under her breath, "You really couldn't have told us about the passing out part? Warned us, hey, you're not going to die, I know what's about to happen?"

"I did tell you it was safe," he said, shrugging, but she saw the mischievous glint in his eye and shoved him.

"Lincoln! We thought you might be dead or something."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he relented, wrapping an arm around her momentarily. "But I'm not dead, so that's good, right?"

"I'm debating," she muttered, and he laughed, but she didn't really hear it, because at that point they came to the opening of the structure.

The sunlight was the first thing that hit her eyes, almost painfully; then the view, blue as far as she could see. No land, no other structures, just open water.

They weren't just by the ocean, she realized. They were in the middle of it.

As this sunk in, several figures approached, but only one came close enough to speak to them—a woman with wild, beautiful brown hair, a chiseled face, and warm, sad eyes, dressed in mismatched clothes and jewelry that somehow radiated the sea.

She saw Lincoln and her demeanor melted a little, stepping forward to wrap her arms around him.

"Oh, Lincoln, I have missed you," she murmured as she pulled away, surveying him. "You look worse for wear than at your last visit."

"Which is why we've come, Luna, though I wish I could've been here only to see you," he said, warm but with urgency. He gestured to the other three, who shrunk a little under Luna's gaze. "These are my three companions; the girl is my adopted sister."

Luna's eyebrows raised a touch at this. "This is Clair? For some reason I imagined her differently." She walked forward, scanning Clarke thoroughly with her eyes, which made Clarke feel an equal mixture of both exposure and safety. "And your friends? They do not look Trikru to me."

Lincoln shook his head. "They are Skaikru, but good ones, I promise you. They've kept my sister and me safe many a time already."

Luna frowned, turning back to him. "You are in danger then. What happened?"