01.

October 1993

My heart raced against my feet as I quickly walked out of class once the bell rang. I could hear a crowd behind me, following my angry body language through the crowded hallway; however, the fact that i pushed people left and right made  a perfect path for me to walk on.

"Cole! Don't do it!" Beverly's shouts became faint as she got lost in the crowd of people.

I didn't think twice before pushing the familiar tall boy as hard as i could. He gripped Bill's shoulders before he was able to fall on the polished school floor. He quickly stood up straight and fixed his glasses that had slid down the bridge of his freckled nose. He looked down at me with a surprised look as a strand of his curly-black hair swept down his forehead.

"What the hell?!"

I let out angry breaths as I glared at him, "You said you wouldn't do it again Richie!" I yelled in his face as i threw my books on the floor angrily. They slid across and hit a few people that surrounded us, including our friends.

"Cole, let's not do this here." Richie said lowly as he walked closer to me, ready to put his hand on my shoulder.

I pushed him away roughly, "What? You don't want people to know you've been fucking your cousin?!" I yelled loudly.

Richie's eyes widened as he looked around at the crowd that simply gasped and gave him disgusted looks, "T-that is not true!" Richie yelled, "I'm not fucking my goddam cousin!"

"Guys-" I cut off Bill by slapping Richie across the face. His glasses fell to the floor as he reached up to touch his red cheek. He looked back at me with his lips slightly parted and his eyes pouty.

"Cole!" Beverly shouted as she finally managed to push through the enormous crowd that surrounded us in a matter of seconds.

"You cheated on me again and now your lying! Fuck you!" I yelled as i was ready to hit him again but Beverly pulled me back by my waist.

"You want the truth?!" Richie yelled as he stood up straight, "Yes i have been fucking someone else!" The crowd around us gasped in shock as he they gave disapproving glares and unpleasant words were thrown at him, "You're needy, rude, annoying, and i'm done with you and this unhealthy relationship," Just when i thought he would stop he kept going, "And don't bother hiding that you were sleeping with Greta's dad!"

I looked around at the crowd that gasped once again and shook my head furiously, "Well you got an STD from one of the sluts in the bathroom!" I shouted back.

"You fucked the janitor!"

I lunged at Richie but Beverly quickly pulled me back, "Are you guys done?" Beverly asked in my ear. I nodded my head as she let go of me.

"And scene!" I shouted as I smiled at the crowd. I bowed down with a hand behind my back.

The crowd groaned loudly after discovering that this was just a prank like the ones we've been pulling off since freshman year. I could hear a few people laughing and a few walking away annoyed. The hallway cleared and only a few students remained at their lockers.

"I told you not to slap me so hard," Richie said as he rubbed his jaw, "And why'd you add the fucking cousin?!" he asked.