07.

The entire movie, I didn't speak. I didn't even participate in their jokes that earned them dirty looks from others. It's not that I didn't want to, I just couldn't. I felt if I did, I would throw up all over Richie's car. I simply watched the movie while Richie rubbed small circles on my thighs, occasionally mumbling something in my ear in one of his many funny voices, which I only hummed to in response.

Richie dropped us off last. Beverly jumped out of the car since the roof was still tucked away, "I'll see you inside." She called out, "Bye Richie." she waved.

Richie waved as he released a small yawn. We watched as she walked inside, all the lights were off, a good sign. I felt Richie's lips begin to kiss my neck. They were slow, yet needy. I sighed as my hands gently pushed him away, but he didn't budge, "Richie," I mumbled.

He pulled away with furrowed eyebrows, "What's wrong?" He asked, "You've been acting really fucking weird the entire night."

I licked my lips, "I'm just tired." I lied as I finally looked over at him, "Richie, I-I just want to say... I care about you a lot." I gulped.

"What the fuck is this? Reality hour?"

"Richie, I'm serious." I said sternly, "just listen."

His smile faded as he furrowed his eyebrows, "Okay, okay." He mumbled as he paid attention.

I played with my fingers, "I care about you and the other losers, a lot, more than you can imagine. I-I guess what I'm trying to say is that... I will always protect you guys, no matter what. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you guys." I said, just above a whisper.

He looked at me with confusion in his eyes, almost like he was scared to say anything, "I know, Cole," he chuckled drily, "But you don't have to, because there's nothing to protect us from... anymore." I gulped as I looked away. He placed his hand on my arm, "Hey," He said softly, calling back for my attention, "Is there something bothering you? We tell each other everything."

I looked back at him and leaned in. My lips connecting to his slightly chapped ones. It was a sweet kiss, we don't have many of those. It was pleasant, and almost made me forget, "I love you so fucking much." I finally said as I pulled away and placed my hand on his freckled cheek, "So much." I nearly whimpered as I pecked his lips again.

"You're acting weird." He said against my lips.

I rolled my eyes and couldn't hold back a small chuckle, "Fucking asshole." I mumbled as I retrieved my hand and opened his car door, "drive safe." I smiled as I climbed out and shut the door, "See you tomorrow, don't be late." I warned as I began walking away.

"Ass looks good." He winked. I flipped him off and climbed the steps to my porch, "Goodnight sweetheart!" He shouted into the empty street, "Love ya!" I chuckled as I waved and blew him a kiss before walking inside.

The dread instantly coming back once I closed the door. I jogged upstairs and dropped my stuff in my room before running across to Isabelle's, thank god she's home. I opened the door and closed it behind me, making sure to lock it. I walked over to her bed and turned on the lamp, shaking her awake, "Isabelle," I muttered quietly, "Izz, wake up." I said in between shaky breaths.

She groaned and shifted before sitting up and rubbing her eyes, "W-what?" She snapped as she squinted while fixing her hair, "It's late, and tomorrow I have to go check out the hospital to see if I can get a fucking job."