06.

*three days later*

After school, everything turned into a race. Everyone rushed home to get ready. It was time for the drive-in and it seemed like every teenager in Derry went. Families went too, but whatever. It was the place where hookups happened and people meet. If heaven was on earth, it was here, at the drive-in.

Mom and dad were liniment about curfew. They didn't mind if we were out late as long as Bev and I remained together at all times. Most of the time it was like that, but sometimes, Richie and I would sneak off to somewhere secluded and enjoy each other's company; however, today was the day where we all stayed together.

"I'm sore from workouts." I groaned as I shifted on Richie's lap.

Richie has his hand between my thighs, "are you sure it was workouts?" He joked.

Our friends groaned in disgust, "remind me why we still hang out with them?" Stan asked.

"Remind me why I'm still dating him?" I joked. They chuckled and Richie pulled his hands away from me, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his neck, "I love you," I said but he kept pulling away with a smug little smile.

"I swear I think I'm gonna throw up." Eddie pretended to gag from the back seat, "seriously, you guys are never not touching each other."

"Eddie," I said as I looked over at him, "we're trying to watch a movie, shh!"

"The movie hasn't even started," He said with furrowed eyebrows.

We felt the car move and Richie quickly turned around to Mike who was sitting on the trunk of the car, "Hey, Mike! Take it easy!" Richie shrieked, "this is my baby!"

I rolled my eyes, "You love this car more than me." I huffed as I pulled back but still kept my arms wrapped around him.

"Not true." He argued.

"So true." Everyone else in the car said.

I widened my eyes, "even our friends know, how embarrassing." I said as I smacked his chest, "whatever."

"You don't love this car? It takes your ass everywhere. On our dates, to school, out in fields... and we make good use of that back seat." He said with a wink, "especially where Ben's sitting."

"Gross." He gaged.

"All of you guys are grossed out by human nature and I just don't understand." I said as I waved them off.

Beverly shook her head, "we're not grossed out by sex, we're grossed out by you two." She said as she pointed at us.

"You know what Bev? You can suck it." I said as I threw a straw at her, "the movies about to start, and we need more snacks." I announced as I looked at the empty popcorn bucket and drinks in the car.

"It's your turn." Stan said.

"Huh? Since when?"

"Every week a different person has gone for snacks. You're the only one that hasn't." He explained. I rolled my eyes as I used Richie shoulder to lean on as I got off his lap.