08.

I walked through the familiar entrance, two paper bags in my hands as I spotted him and gave him the signal: two fingers up to my forehead to give a proper salute, and he squinted his eyes while giving a firm nod. I walked away, giggling to myself, never gets old.

I walked into the empty room, where we always eat lunch and after a few minutes of waiting the door finally opened.

I rolled my eyes, "what the fuck took you so long?" I asked as I tossed him his lunch bag.

He caught it and took a seat next to me, our feet dangling off the bed, "I needed to talk to a patient's family." He said as he took off his white coat.

I smiled slightly while nudging him, "how does it feel to be top dog?" I chuckled as I shot him a wink.

He sat up proudly, with a small grin plastered on his lips, "you have no idea how accomplished I feel." He smiled as he opened the bag.

"Dr. Phoebe Yang," I declared in a smooth British accent, "you are still a nerd." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes as he pulled out a sandwich, "mom asked if you're coming to dinner tonight?" I asked as I took a bite from my sandwich.

He licked his lips, "If I can get off on time." He sighed, "are you going to be there?" He asked before taking a bite.

I shrugged, "today Richie and I have to go to my mom's shop to get fitted for some clothes she's designing, maybe afterwards Richie and I are going to drive around, but I think I'll be home in time." I shrugged.

He chewed slowly as he nodded, "I think I saw your sister earlier." He commented.

I felt my heart flutter, "yeah, she came to see if there's any jobs. If she finds a job, she's moving back." I said as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Guess what." He said as he wiped his mouth with his napkin.

"Mmm?" I hummed as he finally handed me a juice box he brought from the vending machine down the hall.

"There's a detective." He said.

At this point the fear he generated turned into anger, "you're fucking late." I said as I rolled my eyes, "and he's fucking creepy."

"Why?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He just is."

"I wonder what he's doing here." He thought out loud, I simply shrugged as my sandwich suddenly became the most interesting thing.

"chasing his fucking tail, there's nothing to solve here." I muttered under my breath, "I need to get the fuck out of this town." I nearly whimpered out.

"You plan on going out of state?" He shrugged. He knows the answer to this, but doesn't want to come to terms with it.

I shrugged my shoulders as I took a small bite, "I still have to get accepted into colleges before I start thinking about where I plan to take off to." I chuckled, but it faded as I started to feel a growing feeling in the pit of my stomach, "But... I don't think so." I said.

"why?" He asked quietly.

"There's something about Derry. It's like I'm bound to it, and i'm nothing but trapped here."