Vows (MidoKuro)

"Every day, memories seem to fade faster than the moment passes and I am stuck holding onto bits and pieces of the past instead of looking to the future.

Recently, I have come to realize that right now is where you are and where I need to be. I cannot keep the nostalgia with me to hold onto when times get tough which is why I promise that I will hold onto you when pressure seems to best me.

And I can't guarantee that the path we take from here will be the easiest but I would rather trade my best day for those few seconds when I wake up on a Saturday morning and the first thing I see is you. That feeling is priceless I would do whatever I could to hold onto it longer.

Even now, I worry about waking up and everything turns out to be a dream, but the look in your eyes. The blue void filled with stars and galaxies, unexplored and full of opportunity if only someone would risk getting lost to be enlightened. That's all I need to know that this is real and I couldn't be more grateful.

It was fate that I met you but now I can truly say that Oha Asa hasn't decided for me. This time it was my choice, and my choice is to be your husband Tetsuya- from now until the world stops turning."

Midorima folded the paper back into a small square and passed it to the man on his left before grabbing Kuroko's hands. The crowd waited in anticipation while many had tears streaming down their faces.

  "You may now kiss the groom."

The kiss was quick and sweet although it seemed to have lasted a lifetime. Everything went unseen and unheard as Midorima and Kuroko focused on each other. They slowly came back to reality as they heard cheering and applause- especially from their friends who seemed to be causing a disturbance. Well, Aomine anyways.

To celebrate their newfound marriage was the cake cutting ceremony. It was a vanilla cake- obviously- with green frosting and blue flowers that they got from a local bakery. Murasakibara suggested the bakery as they had the "best pastries".

"Kurokocchi, you look so beautiful!" Kise said sobbing as he clung to Kuroko's side, much to Midorima's dismay.

"Thank you, Kise-kun. You seemed to have behaved yourself during the ceremony."

"Yeah, with no help from Aominecchi!"
Kise then pointed to Aomine who was already scarfing down his cake. "He kept talking about how 'Kurokocchi and Midorimacchi were going to get divorced' and that 'Midorimacchi didn't deserve Kurokocchi'."

Midorima decided to act like he wasn't listening but gave Aomine a sharp glare before turning back to his new husband. "Tetsuya, why don't we go to the dessert table. I ordered some vanilla flavored treats last minute for the reception."

That got Kuroko's attentions as he was practically dragging Midorima. The rest of the group was left to discuss before they got back. "Why are you being so mean to Kuro-chin?" Murasakibara asked, eating Akashi's cake.

"Because Aominecchi loves Kurokocchi!"

"No I don't Kise, Stop spreading rumors!" Aomine yelled, pulling Kise by the collar.

"Admit it Aominecchi, you love Kurokocchi!"

"Daiki, Ryouta, stop acting childish. This is Tetsuya and Shintaro's wedding, have some respect." Akashi then pulled Aomine away from Kise before they started something physical. "Daiki, tell the truth. You have only shown disrespect since you've gotten here and it has not gone unnoticed."

Aomine sighed and looked at the floor dejected. "Okay maybe I did like Tetsu and then he started dating four eyes but I never thought he was gonna marry him!" Aomine finally looked up towards where Kuroko and Midorima were standing in the distance.

Kuroko had wiped frosting on Midorima's nose and Midorima was now chasing him around. "But, he looks so happy- and so does Midorima. Not that I care about how he feels or anything!"

"Awwww, Aominecchi's turing into a tsundere!"

"Shut it Kise!" He then grumbled before looking back at Akashi. "I dont want to mess anything up."

Akashi looked at him pitifully before he answered. "Well all we can do is hope they both are happy Daiki, whether that be together or apart- but, we are all friends. No matter what, that won't change."

They all looked towards the new couple, happy that their friends were happy.

"Yeah," Aomine said softly, focusing on the smile on Kuroko's face. "I guess you're right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I should be sleeping and I know I should be finishing up the second chapter of happy birthday but there's alot of stuff I should be doing and I live to disappoint.

I hoped you guys liked this small one shot and I'm hoping that maybe next week I'll do another wedding one shot but with a different pairing so if you want that tell me who you think should get married next.

Other than that, thank you guys for reading and I love you and also quick shoutout to Inugamichi because I thought about them the entire time while writing this!

I love you, byyyyeeeee!!!!!!
~(  ^ - ^)~