Chapter 4 ~ A Storm's Coming

Recap:

The girls, follow Phoenix and Storm into the Slum's of Manhattan hoping to find information about a race, unfortunately it is unsuccessful. Instead Sapphire gets into a dangerous territory with Storm and goes on a crazy ride to get Bambi's red beauty back. As they get it back, Sapphire gets a phone call from her furious uncle.

************************************************************************************************************************

"So do you have anything to say for yourself young lady?" Uncle Jacob inquires.

"Ummmm, I was just hanging out with some friends." I lie to my uncle with the sweetest smile I can manage.

"Really, where exactly was that and why couldn't you have taken your gorgeous yellow Ferrari?" He says in the most sarcastic tone.

"Well obviously I wanted to save petrol, I don't think it's right for what's happening to the animals, I mean we are all killing the earth by using petrol, it's just not right! So that is why I decided to go by Indio’s bike." I hurriedly say, starting to ramble.

"Is that so, since you so strongly believe that we are killing our earth by driving too many cars why don't we just sell your Ferrari?" He retorts with a grin.

"No freaking way!" I scream even the thought of losing my Baby was bringing tears to my eyes! While my uncle continues to prove his point, "My point exactly, would you like me to sell your Ferrari or are you going to tell me the truth?"

"Okay, but I wasn't lying because I really was just helping Cora out with asking out a guy who she really likes and we didn't want to make it obvious so we didn't go in my Ferrari because it's too flashy!" I say in the most truthful way, while Cora nearly chocked on the water she was drinking not knowing what the hell was going on.She came to school after Bambi sent her a text, because she felt bad for lying to Cora.

"Or you didn't go in your Ferrari because it was too flashy to go and stalk a couple of people in." My 'loving' uncle says to me with the meanest stare.

"But...." I start, trying to muster some excuses, before he interrupts again.

"I don't want any more excuses Sapphire get in your car and drive straight home or..." He lectures, pointing towards my car.

"Okay Uncle Jacob." Yes, for once I wasn't arguing. I knew my place with Uncle Jacob.

 "Oh and Bambi call me when you want to fix your car because Hijacking can cause some serious damage to your locks." He adds before driving off in his Range Rover.

"Okay thanks Mr Dash." Bambi says politely, knowing she’s black marked too.

"No problem." He replies before ducking making his way back home.

How the hell did he know! I mean we were literally there just for five seconds. Well that's my uncle for you he sees like literally everything. Especially when it comes to cars. God, I was going to be in a deep hole, I mean he would know that no one hijacks cars around here. So the only conclusion was the Lower side of East Manhattan. Plus he would know because of the travelling time. Talk about creepy.

Leaving my friends who are updating a now angry Cora, I make my way back home.

"So would you like to tell me exactly what you were doing in the slums?" He asks me vigorously when we get back home.

"Uncle I was just...." I start again trying t defend myself.

"Just snooping? Just butting into people's business? Just disobeying every order I told you not to do?" He says his voice rising, and the sounds echoing of the sounds of the empty house.