Chapter 5 ~ Pom Poms and Friendship Wars

Recap:

Sapphire gets in major trouble from her uncle. Cora and Sapphire gets into a huge argument about boys and Sapphire's little game.

********************************************************************************************

"SUNSHINES, LOLLIPOPS AND RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE!"

"Ughhhh" I groan as I slam my hand on my alarm. 5:50AM, Great I've got cheer practise.

"WAKE UP SAPPHIRE!" Uncle Jacob yells from downstairs. "REMEMBER NO FERRARI!"

"Thanks Uncle Jacob for reminding me that." I mumble. Like seriously, what a better way to wake up in the morning. Oh did I forget to mention who the head cheerleader was for now? It's my good old friend Cora. Oh what a fun day today will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Sapph" An annoyingly familiar voice says behind me.

"Hello Storm." I reply with my most giddy tone. Note the sarcasm. "So what brings you to cheer practise? Not here to check our any girls are you, though it wouldn't be a surprise." I snort, obviously not excited to see the douche.

"Sapphire, give the guy a chance. He is just trying to be a gentleman which he is." Another irritating voice says, also known as Cora.

"GIRLS LETS START WITH STRETCHES." Cora bellows to the whole field, literally into my ear. Then whispering in my ear, she continues saying "Sapph come on, you can ignore me but you have to do what I say." She says with a white smile, finishing with "See you around Storm." before jogging off. And I just give him my usual I-don't-forgive-you look.

I plug my earphones into my ear and do my stretches. "All the single ladies, put your hands up..." Queen B, not today.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in...." Not Tay Tay! Next...

"We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the crazy kids them..." Ahhh finally, some good Ke$ha music pumping through my ears.

"Sapph..." A distant voice whines at the back of my head. Does that girl not get the memo? Like seriously when someone is doing what you tell them to do and listening to music it should send a vibe saying 'busy-don't-talk-to-me'.

"What the hell do you want?" I say turning around and flipping my long brown wavy hair into her face.

"I'm just telling you that we are going to be doing flips now and that I don't care if you ignore me." She says in a fake nice voice, and goes to her new BFF's.

"So guys as you know, we have a game next Friday against Bavons High and so we need to be ready to kick some ass!" She shouts while everyone cheers.

"So we will have cheer practise after school every day and if you don't have a legit reason not to come, you are off the team." She tells the whole group while glaring at me with a wicked smile.

That conniving little airhead! She did not; I repeat did not just plan to sabotage my plans! Ughhh as people say Karma comes around, I guess mine just did. Then, like a light bulb I realise I do have the perfect excuse.

"Hello Cora." I say mischievously.

"Haha Sapphire, are you trying to get out of this one?" She says evilly. "Let me guess... Hmmm you have too much homework? No, Sunny needs to have her walks every day after school." She says sarcastically.

"You know how you called me at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and...." I start, before she rudely interrupts me, with sarcasm. "Disturbed your beauty sleep?"