nineteen

ㅡbae jinyoung

6 in the morning and I am already riding my bike to the town in hopes of finding Lobelias for Daehwi. Guanlin and Woojin didn't want to help since it was too early and Jaehwan wasn't home.

"Excuse me! Ma'am, good morning! Do you have Lobelias?" I asked the first flower shop that I have passed by.

"Oh, sorry. We dont have Lobelias. Try the next shop." She smiled.

I nodded and thanked her as I continued to pedal.

I reached the next shop and asked the same question.

"We do, come in!" She said and I left my bike and went inside the shop.

"A bouquet of Lobelias?" She asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

"For whom?" She asked as she already wrapped the flowers beautifully.

"For the boy I like." I replied.

She stopped for a while and chuckled, "That's unusual, usually when young people come here they buy roses for their special someones."

"Well, he's a special one. He's one of a kind so Lobelias it is for him." I laughed.

"But you know, sweetie. Lobelias are beautiful but the meaning of it, well... not that good." She said.

I tilted my head, "Why? What's the meaning?"

"Malevolence." She said and handed me the flowers.

Uh, sure... whatever that means... why do they use such deep word, my brain can't process. But, it sounds beautiful anyways. Maybe it's good.

"That would be free, sweetheart, because you're the first customer for this day."

"H-Huh? No, ma'am! I'll pay, how much?" I asked and took out my wallet.

"It's fine! I promise, you're the first customer for the day, and besides, it's 6 in the morning, goodness! Who has the courage to wake up at that time just to give flowers for the love of their lives? Good luck, kid." She laughed and tapped my shoulder.

"Thanks, ma'am. I really appreciate it." I said and waved her goodbye.

I stored the bouquet in the basket of my bike and started to make my way to the school.

"Woah, Jinyoung, you're early." Daniel yelled from the inside of the school.

I parked my bike and locked it and grabbed the bouquet and went inside, "You are as well." I said.

"Well, we have to set up the food and the stall. Ong is here too. But, what are those?"

"Flowers for Dae." I smiled.

He squealed and then shook my body, "My son is all grown up!" He yelled.

"We've only known each other for months!" I said and hit his shoulder.

"Whatever! Let's go to the cafeteria first." He dragged me to the said place and made me sit on the stools of his stall.

"Seongwoo! Jinyoung bought flowers for Daehwi! Goodness, young love!" Daniel said.

"Woah! I suddenly remember my first love." Seongwoo sighed.

"Should I text Daehwi to go now?!" Daniel asked.

"It's just 6:30! Let him sleep! He needs to sleep a lot." I said.

"Sweet!" Daniel said.

Students started to arrive and Jihoon sat beside me in one of the stools.