Chapter 14

"Tell me what happened," Rosco orders in a serious tone.

"We were heading to the back loading dock of the warehouse," Emily begins after a heavy sigh, "When all of the sudden loud voices filled the room yelling that they were police. They immediately took down most of the men loading up the cars with product. Luckily Tom and I were in the back of the crew and turned on our heels and ran like lightening in the opposite direction. We ran through the warehouse and tried to exit out the front door instead. We managed to do so even through the sudden thick smoke that filled the hallways".

"Good boy," Rosco interrupts while nodding approvingly.

Quizzically starring back at Rosco, Emily remains silent, waiting for an explanation.

"Caleb carried out my orders that if we were ever ambushed by the police, he is instructed to burn down the building in order to destroy any evidence," Rosco clarifies.

"To make a long story short," Emily continues on, "Tom and I split up... only I got away and he was arrested by the police. I know he's in trouble and we need to get him out. He's looking at serious jail time here Rosco".

"I'm aware of that," Rosco replies coldly, "I'm also aware that such assistance from my very expensive team of lawyers is going to cost you".

"What exactly do you have in mind," Emily replies frantically, not caring about the consequences and remaining focused on freeing Toby.

"You know what I want," Rosco hisses in response, sending horrified chills down Emily's spine. Knowing better than to reveal her true emotions or the status of Emily and Alison's relationship, Emily swallows her inner turmoil and answers, "What exactly do you want?"

Standing up from his swivel chair behind his desk, Rosco glares directly into Emily's eyes and says, "I want to feel that porcelain skin against me, I want to feel those perky breasts pressed firmly against my chest, I want to feel how tigh..."...

"Okay I get the point," Emily interrupts while biting hard on her inner lip and remaining careful not to fill her words with venom, "I'll help you".

"Good," Rosco snickers as he resumes a seated position, "I'll call my lawyers".

"Unit 88, Unit 88, Unit 88," Alison whispers to herself as she strolls down a long hallway, gazing at the numbers on every passing storage unit.

"Here we are," Alison says aloud once she locates the unit and opens the door with the key provided to her by Detective Pine.

"Holy shit that's a lot of boxes," Alison says on amazement as she stares at a mountain of cardboard boxes in front of her, "I'm gonna be here till sunrise".

Nearly three hours later, after tackling roughly a third of the boxes, Alison sighs loudly in frustration, feeling hopeless and overwhelmed by the stacks of belongings that surrounded her. "God I need to take a break," Alison concedes while leaning her head against a cardboard box. On cue, a distinct humming noise fills the eerily silent storage room.

"Hey Em," Alison beams with excitement as she picks up her phone, "I was just thinking about you and how much I miss you".

"God I wish I could hold you right now," Emily remarks dejectedly on the other end of the line, "But I need to ask you a favor".

"Name it," Alison replies, encouraging Emily to continue.

"I need you to call Spencer and let her know that Tom has been arrested," Emily replies nervously, "But tell her I'm working on getting him out".

"What the hell happened Emma," Alison blurts out loudly in shock.

"We were out on a job and the cops raided the warehouse. We ran away and eventually split up... But the cops got ahold of Tom. I wanted to help him. But I couldn't risk being arrested too," Emily explains shamefully.