Chapter 13

Tris POV
I can't believe I did that. I just basically broke up with the love of my life. But it's for the best. I needed to do that.So why am I crying?

I get back to the apartment and close the door. I sigh as I lean against it. The next few days are going to be hard. I busy myself by tidying up the apartment. I'll probably be out of here in a few days time anyway, whatever the outcome of the meeting. I might be back in New York or I might be in Tobias' apartment.

A few hours later I'm finished and the apartment looks almost new. It's almost dark and I know I should eat dinner, but I don't feel hungry. I decide I'll just get some dauntless cake. Maybe it can make me feel better. I walk out of the apartment and travel to the cafeteria. I go in and grab a piece of cake. As I walk out, I see the gang coming. I hide behind a corner and listen to what their saying.

"I can't believe it! You just got back together! And now she might be leaving. It isn't fair. It isn't right." someone I think Zeke says. Then Tobias, I'd know his voice anywhere, replies, "I know but what can we do? I just thought-" and his voice cracks. He sounds so sad, so tired. I can't stand it. I rush out, running past them. They call after me but I take no notice. I can't. I wont.

Time-lapse - 2 days later
I spent the next two days in my apartment, only coming out when necessary. Soon enough, it's late at night. They should've rang by now. Something's wrong. Something's very wrong. I have to go back. I'll have to.

I spent the next 10 minutes pacing. I'll have to go back, I'll have to say goodbye to Christina, to Uriah, to Zeke, to Shauna, to them all. But what will hurt the most is saying goodbye to Tobias. How will I tell him? Everything's going to be awful. Then the phone rings.

"Hello, is this Tris Prior? We understand you requested to stay in your current location in Chicago. Well we have an answer for you...."
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 Hey! Cliffhanger! I'm sorry but I'll update soon! I promise! Please tell me what you thought in the comments and please checkout my other 2 stories! Thanks! Bye! 😊💕