(5) Russian Job

Your POV:

You were now back at the hotel and the guy at the front greeted you "Hey how ya doing, I got questioned by The Fans and I had to spill it, sorry man."

You shook your head "They're my friends."

"Well then, you're fitting in pretty well already!" He laughed.

"Friends with Lagoon as well."

"Lagoon Company?!" He said surprised "You're fitting in better than I thought you would."

You nodded.

"Also thanks for taking care of those shit heads up there," He smirked "Let's just say I walked in there and was more than satisfied."

You nodded again and went back upstairs to your room. You went inside and dumped the dead body out of the window. You counted all the money you had now.

The guys you killed carried $7 000 altogether, so you now had $15 900. You sighed and stretched before realising how tired you were. You took your clothes off until you were just wearing your underwear and got into your bed.

"Fuck sake."

You got back up and turned the light off before getting back into bed.

Time skip:

*RIIIING

You were sleeping peacefully until you were woken up by the phone. A lot of sunlight was seeping through your windows.

You got out groggily and picked it up, an uneasy sense of nostalgia hitting you.

"Hey Jacket, it just so happens that straight after my offer I gave you we were called by Hotel Moscow," It was Dutch "You can tag along if you want to, I'll tell you the details when you get here."

You put the phone down.

You halved your money, taking $7950. This time you decided to take your crocodile mask, Jones, with you. You stopped to look at it.

Flashback

You looked at the black man, who was bleeding badly on the floor of the sewers with his back against the wet walls. A crocodile mask lay in front of his legs.

"Hey... *cough," The man spat blood out as he spoke "I think I get it now."

You didn't say anything.

He turned to you "This..." He began "This whole thing, all that has happened."

You stayed silent but listened.

"It's just a dream...right?" He asked panting "It's all just a bad dream isn't it?"

You felt a growing sympathy for the dying man, a rare feeling, but you knew you couldn't help him.

"I knew it... *cough..." The man's head fell forward, the small sign of life in his hazel eyes finally fading away.

You approached the now dead 50 Blessings operative and closed his eyes with your hand. You laid his body on the floor carefully. You looked at his mask on the floor and decided to take it in honour of him. A name was written on a tag in the mask

Jones

Present

You carried on getting dressed and put the black hoodie over your jacket. You put your money and mask into your pockets and walked downstairs.

You looked at the counter and the guy wasn't there 'Guess he's sleeping.'

You shrugged and walked outside. The surrounding people on the streets all talked amongst themselves about you surprisingly.