Chapter 14- Zak is Here

I ran after Skylar, I could tell that she was crying. I can't believe that hear what I said, I feel so bad. I finally caught up to her and grabbed her hand.

   "Skylar, I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were listening."

   "How could you say that I would be better without you, your everything to me. Without you, I wouldn't be alive. You keep me alive, you keep me standing every day. I would kill myself if I didn't have you, you mean everything to me." Skylar confesses while crying.

   I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how to respond to that. All I could think to do was kiss her. So that's what I did, I pulled Skylar close to me and kissed her. This kiss was different, there were fireworks. It was the best kiss we've ever had. I felt like we were spinning in circles, and the whole world was watching us.

   "That was..."

   "Amazing." Skylar finishes my sentence.

   "We should probably get back, we don't want to worry anyone," I tell Skylar.

   So we walked back to the factory, and it was a silent walk. It was still nice though, we held hands all the way back. When we made it back, there was a note with my name on it. I opened it up, and it read,

Dear Lexa,

   It looks like you made your choice of who you want to be with, and since Remi's dead. It's time that I leave, there's nothing here for me. Don't come looking for me, this is what I want. I will learn more spells and learn more about this world. I'm not the old Zoe that you loved, I'm stronger now. So it makes it that much easier to leave. Say goodbye to everyone else for me, and don't forget, there will be more people coming after little Zoe and Drake. Watch out for them.

Sincerely,

Zoe

   I didn't cry when I read this, I was proud. Proud that she found what she wants to do. I never wanted to drag her along with my mission of freedom. I walked into the factory and told everyone that Zoe left. I didn't show anyone the letter, it was meant for me, and Zoe would want me to keep it to myself. About one and a half hours passed before Remi's body disappeared. We all decided that we would stay here for the time being, and we would have someone on watch at all times. I, of course, volunteered to take first watch. It got kind of boring after two hours of standing in one place, so I started thinking. Then it came to me, what is next from here? Obviously, we will have to train the twins when they're older, but what next, what will be our next step? I thought about that question for the past 20 days, the twins were five years old. It was finally training time.

   "Drake, Z, be outside in five minutes, don't be late," I demanded.

   I started calling Zoe, Z, since it was weird and all. Z, just makes her sound stronger too. Anyway, it was their first day of training, and I was their first coach. I'm not going to be easy on them, they have to know how dangerous this world really is. I decided that I would have them first train, by touching animals. Drake is the one that I'm most scared of, he can touch someone or something and kill it. That's why I have Z here, if something goes wrong, I would need her to heal them. Since Z can't do much with defending herself, I asked Raelynn to teach her to fight. I feel like Z will be good with guns, just like her mom.

   "Aunt Lexa, I don't want to touch the animal. What if I kill it?" Drake begs.

   "That's why Z is here, If you mess up she can fix it," I respond.

   A noise came from the bush next to us, and it directed all of our attention. Drake walks toward the bush, even though we told him not to. Then a man jumps out and tackles him. Drake touched him, making him start to die. Z runs over to heal him, but Z accidentally pushes Drake away.

   "Oh shoot," I say quietly.

   I bright light appears out of nowhere, and the kids start to glow. Then their glowing bodies form together to make one. This person was not the kids that were right before us, this person changed completely. Zak (the name of the life or death twins when they combine, Blake came up with the name to make it easier) was finally here. Raelynn called for Blake and Derek, they came as soon as they heard Raelynn call.

   "What happened? Why did the kids touch?" Blake freaks out.

   "Z pushed Drake out of the way of a man who jumped out of the bushes. Then this happened." Raelynn explained.

   "Why now?" Derek complained.

   "Great, now we have to find 20 people for our children to murder," I yelled.

   "I think that I saw a small town about 2 miles from here," Derek said.

   As soon as Zak heard what Derek said, they grew wings and flew towards the town. We have never seen Zak before, and we hoped we wouldn't have to. Now we are all just scared, Zak could kill any of us any minute.

   "We have to go to that town if the kids turn back, then they could be taken," I explained.

   I turned into my werewolf form and started running like never before. I was a half a mile away, and I could already hear the screams. I felt so bad for the people there, they didn't deserve this. By the time I reached it there, there were still some people left. I looked for the children, and I found them. But, they weren't alone, they were being held back by the man from the government. The one who said he would be back, I guess he kept his promise.

   "Long time no see." The man said in a deep voice.