Epilogue - I Love My Vampires

Epilogue

I Love My Vampires

Gerard's Point Of View...

"If you don't sit the fuck down, Cerulli..." I growled threateningly as my wife's best friend and Maker paced the room agitatedly, making everyone else in the room equally as uneasy.

When I was a young boy, and I'd thought about a future with a family, when I'd pictured my wife giving birth...I hadn't envisioned having fourteen Vampires, six Witches, five Werewolves, one half-Vampire-half-Slayer hybrid and several Slayers I wasn't related too there was well...but there you go.

"Don't you tell me to calm down! She's been in there for fucking hours!" he snapped back.

"Mikey's in there: he's a healer, there's other healers in there, Vampire, Witch, Slayer, there's even a Werewolf healer in there, thanks to Danny."

"She's special to us too." Danny growled.

"He knows, he's just tense. We all are." Andy said, shifting in his seat. He was right, the lot of them were tense: Emberlynn's Coven, the family she and I had surrounded ourselves with in the shape of Mikey and Frank, plus their respective families, even the Alexandria Wolf Pack and the Bright Skies Coven, who'd flown over to be here, all of us were tense, worried about what was going to happen;

What if she was harmed? What if our child was harmed? What if they both were?

My mind was running wild, and I knew everyone else's was too. But I had to stay calm; nobody else was, they were all panicking: just they were doing it visibly while I was doing it internally. But I had to rationalize this: Emberlynn was strong, God only knew my time with her and taught me that. My time with her had taught me so much...

Vampires weren't cunning - not always, anyway.

Vampires weren't self-serving, selfish.

Vampires certainly weren't cowardly.

Vampires weren't evil.

Were they dangerous? Yes...but only if you provoked them.

But thanks to Emberlynn and her motley crew of lost boys she'd shown up with, and then everyone she'd picked up along the way she'd taught me a whole new perspective on Vampires:

Vampires are smart.

Vampires are loyal, pack-like in their bonds.

Vampires are brave.

Vampires are only dangerous as you make them.

Vampires are just evil as Slayers - no more, no less.

A baby's cry split the air, before one of the healer's asked me to come into the room, where Emberlynn was lying in a bed, panting and covered in sweat, holding a tiny baby in her arms.

"Gee...our little girl." she said proudly, looking up at me with a wide grin as I approached the bed, hugging my wife and daughter to me: my two Vampires.

And most importantly, I love my Vampires.