Chapter 7

“This car is a pretty good driver.” Mikaela breaks the silence after a long period of no talking. I stare at the steering wheel, watching it move on its own.

“Yeah.” Sam and I say at the same time. Sam glares at me for stealing his line.

“Why don’t you sit in the seat back there?” Sam asks her.

 “I’m not gonna sit back there. I hate sitting in the back seat.”

 “Well, maybe you should sit on my lap.” Yay, you go bro. I’m really happy to see that Sam is actually trying to get his dream girl. For once he’s not a wuss.

 “Why?” Mikaela asks awkwardly.

“Well, I have the only seat belt hear, and Nataly is using the other. You know, saftey first.” Sometimes, I love how my brother is so naive. I can’t help but smile. Mikaela better fall for this one, ‘cause my brother won't back down.

 “Yeah, alright.” Mikaela gets out from the middle and makes her way to my brother’s lap.

“You see, that’s better.” Sam helps Mikaela get comfortable. Sam glances at me and mouths the word yes to me. I give him a thumbs up.

 “You know that seat belt thing was a pretty smooth move.” Mikaela comments. Sam laughs. “Thank you.”

 “You know what I don’t understand.” She says.

 “What?”

 “Why, if he is supposed to be this super advanced robot, does he have to turn back into this piece of crap camaro?”

 I give her a really stern look. “Did you just say piece of crap camaro?! He is not a piece of crap, Mikaela!” The car skidded to a stop and the passenger door opened.

“Oh, see? No, get...no, that doesn’t work, see?” Sam gets out of the car along with Makaela. I reach for my buckle but the car wouldn’t let me go. Instead, my car drove off and my seat belt tightened around me.

“Hold~onto~something.” My cars spits.

 “What are you doing?” I grab onto the steering wheel.

 The car begins to shift and turn, and he moves to the side like if he was about to flip over, but he doesn’t. I shut my eyes tight. Then he stops all the double o seven moves. I open my eyes slowly to find myself in a new car.

 “What did you do?” There was new leather seats, high tech radio, better everything you could say.

 “Wait...did you? W-why? You were gorgeous before. I mean, you do look nice now, but I liked the way you looked before. Classy.”

 The air in the car becomes extremely hot. Like, I’m sweating right now. We stopped by Mikaela and Sam. The heaters came on some more. I remember that he did this at the car dealership. Is he blushing? Like a boss, I shrug it off. I roll down the windows to get a better look at Sam and Mikaela, and to get rid of the hot air in the car.

“What?” Sam’s expression was hilarious. His hands on his head and his mouth agape.

“Hey watch this.” I tell the car. I clear my throat before getting out of the car and over to the passengers side. “Excuse me.” I say to Sam and Mikaela. I fix my posture and open the passenger door for them. “Your chariot awaits.” They both hop in. This time, Mikaela sits in the back and my bro in the passengers. I sit in the drivers seat with a wide grin on my face. Sam and Mikaela mimic me.  I say what is on their mind.