7. Surprise

Caitlyn's POV.

"James, stop it!" I yell at him, giggling.

We're playing chicken and James is pretending to drop me.

"What's gonna happen if I really do?" he questions me, a smirk on his face.

"You wouldn't dare,"

"Oh but I would!"

"No!" I squeal as he stumbles around the shallow end, dropping me in the process.

"Am I really so fat that you can't hold me?" I ask James.

"Hey, I was just having a little fun with you," he tells me, "I'll do anything to make you feel better."

"Really, like what?" I ask him, suspicious.

"This," he replies, picking me up bridal style and dropping me in the water, "Oops! Sorry!"

"Oh, you are so in for it!" I say as I stand up.

I turn around to find everyone else with their phones out, taking a video of me and James's little play fight.

I run (as well as you can run while in water) and tackle him, both of us becoming submerged underwater within seconds.

We made silly faces at each other underwater until we ran out of air. When we came back up I come face to face with, guess who, Hayley.

I turn to James and whisper, "What is she doing here?"

"Trying to crash your party."

___________________________

Hayley's POV.

Dumb bitch. She really thinks James likes her!

We'll show her.

Why is he being all nice to her? He's supposed to be on my side...

"Why hello there, Caitlyn," I say, face to face with her.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me.

"Why don't you ask James? He knows exactly why I'm here."

"Hayley, I'm not even going to pretend to give you the satisfaction. James already told me everything. So it looks like the joke is on you!"

"I'm guessing he left out the part in which he helped me with this whole plan?"

The look on her face is priceless.

"He-"

"Caitlyn, I can ex-" James starts to say.

"No, James. It's all becoming clear. Brother and sister team up to take me down. I get it. Both of you, get out. Now."

I walked out of her backyard with a skip in my step and a smile on my face.

***

Caitlyn's POV.

It's been a week since the incident at my party. I've gotten countless texts and calls from James, but they aren't worth answering. He'll just break my heart.

It won't be worth it.

I tap the twitter app on my phone, and it opens to James's profile.

'Why can't she see I made a mistake?' is his latest tweet.

I decide to reply to his tweet and say 'we all make mistakes. some can't be forgiven', which is sure to piss him off.

A few minutes later, there's a knock on the front door of my house.

I open the door, only to come face to face with-

"Jarred?"

Last summer, I went to "nerd camp" for 3 weeks. There, I made some new friends, and eventually found someone who liked me. His name was Jarred.

A/N

REALLY sorry this is such a short chapter! I'm coming up with a list of people I see as the characters. So far this is what I have:

Caitlyn - Elle Fanning

James - Jake T. Austin

Hayley - Sasha Pieterse

As I add new characters or introduce them more, I'll announce the actor/actress. I'm not really sure who I see as Jarred. If you have any ideas for who he should be, comment!

xx