•°6°•

"Honey! Dinner is ready!"

I heard my mom call downstairs. I then put on my fluffy slides and I head downstairs with my phone in hand.

I stop dead in my tracks when I notice that we have an extra guest...

No fucken way.

"Come on honey put that phone away we have a guest. This is miss Brittany, one of your father's friends she'll be joining us for dinner."

My mind was trying to work around the fact that this lady was actually here. In our dining room.

"Its a pleasure to meet you miss Tiffany."

She laughed. "it's Brittany sweetheart."

That laugh...

"Oh yeah right sorry, I'm not good with names." I said trying to cover up my dumb mistake.

My dad walked in finally, with Jonathan who was from soccer practise and they soon joined us on the table.

I was very quiet, trying to make sense of this whole situation.

The lady in the pictures I saw earlier in my dad's office, was here. Sitting across from me. Then there's that laugh which sounds so darn familiar...

Then a light bulb came on. She's my dad's whore. I'm sorry but it's true, she knows my dad is married and they were all touchy.

How can someone have the nerve to have dinner with another man's family like you guys weren't doing anything dirty?

"So Tiffany, how do you know my dad?"

"Its Brittany."

"Whatever." I could feel my father and mother shooting daggers at me.

She cleared her throat. "Uhm from work. We have been working together for quite some time now."

"Yeah working real close aren't you?"

Jonathan could already tell this wasn't going to end well so he changed the topic.

"Uhm dad, you won't believe how many goals I scored today!"

My dad gives me one last look before he smiles at my brother. "Really? How many?"

They carried on eating and laughing acting like a happy family.

Argg I can't stand them!

I got up and stormed out of the house.

I text Jason to come fetch me and in ten minutes later he arrived.

"Paige, what's going on? I've been trying to get a hold of you for the past two days."

I didn't reply instead I took steady breaths to calm down.

"Babe you okay?"

I didn't answer this question either. I was quiet trying to collect myself, I wasn't ready to break down in front of him.

Moments pass until I finally say something. "My dad is cheating on my mom." I said feeling numb. "And he had the audacity to bring her here. Where we live. To sit at the same table as us."

Jason was quiet, trying to figure out what to say.

He was about to say something but I cut him off. "Look, I just want you to take my mind off of things, can you do that?" I asked now facing him with teary eyes.

He then took my hand and placed a small kiss on it. And with that said he started the car and I rolled down the window, letting the cold air hit my face.