°31°

2 weeks later.

We sat in the newly built memorial field that for all the heros that died on the tragic day which was April the fourth.

That was the first time werewolves from every lands came as one with vampires from every cabin came together to go into battle and rescue Princess Kathrine Stone.

And today would be the first time werewolves and vampires would be buried together in one place.

We all came dressed in black as a sign of respect for the dead. We were all in the field that had nineteen thousand tombstones for every vampire that dedicated their lives to protecting ours.

I could hear mothers crying for their sons, for their daughters. I could see friends crying for their friends' lives. They all thought our lives were of that much importance to put theirs at risk and leave their loved ones behind.

We were all in the field that had eight thousand tombstones for every werewolf that acted to bring us out alive, at their expense.

My heart broke for the children's cries. Cries for their fathers, brothers, sisters and mothers to wake. Cries of now widowers and orphans, were what echoed throughout the field.

Although, their cries weren't the only ones that could be heard. Their tears aren't the only ones that fell. Their hearts weren't the only ones that were broken. We too, suffered a great loss.

"Jonathan Scott Jr West" the tombstone read. I held back the tears that wanted to escape my eyes as I remembered how my only brother died. His last words, his smile, his laugh.

I love you too snortface. I said to him as a tear rolled down my face at the thought of him not being with me anymore.

If i didn't charge for that bastard then there wouldn't be a reason for Jonathan saving me, but i was just so angry! I wanted to make him pay! I wanted to be the one who went to Taylor with a souvenir as we laughed about it.

But it was for nothing. All of it was for nothing because at the end of the day i looked down at the words "Taylor Ntokozo Stone" engraved on his gravestone.

Caroline hadn't stopped crying since she heard of his death. The cinnamon wolf who I later learnt was Taylor's best friend from another pack reported that he had been badly injured and although being hybrid meant that he was stronger, it also meant that his chances of dying were higher if ever he had to be severely injured. His wolf was badly injured, dead actually. He only had his vampire side keeping him alive, but without any training on how to use that side, he died trying to save his aunt.

I couldn't look at his parents in the eye.

All of this was my fault because i was stubborn and hot headed. I gave him the idea that he was untouchable and he went into battle with the same mentality and it cost him not only his life but his brother's that was lying on his grave crying his eyes out while he refuses to be separated from his brother. His sister who clings onto her father, who is lifeless and motionless. His mother who has been trapped in pureblood mode since his death.

It was like the time her father died all over again. It was like the Austin ordeal all. over. again.

Caroline had to be the one going through the most. She feared she would lose her son like she did her first. She tried all she could to put him out of harms way-Lord knows she did-but still, her son was taken away from her yet again.

Not only must she deal with the death of her son, but the death of her twin sister. Our beloved queen.

She was buried yesterday in a very secure place in the castle that used only Parker blood to access. She was buried in her own, expensive coffin and placed next to her mother who too was once the Queen of Vampires.

Everyone was an emotional mess, my mother too. If you thought Caroline had it bad then mother definitely had it the worst.

My mother lost her first born son. The reason she became a mother, her first child, my father's heir, the future King was gone.

She lost her sister. A sister she didn't grow up with but formed a very strong relationship with because that sister is the same that rescued her daughter, that showed her daughter who and what she is. The same sister that would never think twice about coming to her rescue even if she only whispered.

She lost her husband. She lost her soul mate, her purpose. She lost everything she has ever known and loved.

She wouldn't stop crying and every time she did, every time she'd scream as if someone was sawing her in half, Ryan's heart would shatter each time.

Ryan was distracted when the man's associates had pinned down Caroline. It was for a second. The one time he was distracted he got pinned down as well. The man's associate was going to slit his throat while Caroline watched defenselessly.

My father broke the one rule, the one law that governed them. He killed a fellow brother. My father had to choose a side and he did, and that resulted in all his brothers attacking him to avenage their brothers.

My father didn't look recognizable as he laid in his coffin and that was the most disrespectful kind of death for a King.

Ryan blames himself daily for being distracted. He actually couldn't believe that my father would give up his life for his and until this day, he feels at fault for his death and he can barely look at me.

This wasn't like the time i made him feel sick to the stomach because of my resemblance to my father, but its because of that very reason that he feels he has deprived me of a father.

I had lost my one and only brother. I never got the chance to thank him for putting his entire life on hold for me, pretending to be my ten year old brother just so i can live the life of what everything teenage girl dreamed of having. And because that wasn't enough, he didn't rest until he knew that i was completely safe and he had to see it for himself. On top of all of that, he again stood in front of a poisoned dagger to save me feom death.

I had lost my first ever cousin, who had my back no matter how stupid I was being. I never got to thank him for always risking his life for mine, for welcoming me into the family with warm arms. For sticking by me through thick and thin.

I had lost my first aunt who died but left a mark on this universe because wherever she went, she taught everyone a little about themselves and the potential they have to be greater. I didn't get a chance to thank her for making me stronger, for bringing me back to life, for showing me just how powerful i am.

I had lost my one and only father. The same father who went the extra mile for me, in order to keep me happy, no matter how it affected his life. Realising all of this now, i felt like shit. My father would have done anything and everything for his family and there i was angry at him, completely ignoring his efforts. I didn't even get a chance to fix things with him, i didn't get a chance to tell him i how much i loved him, how sorry I was, how thankful i was for him. How blessed i was.

I feel i have lost everything, but still, every time a tear fell from my eyes i felt that i was being selfish.

Why did i want to do all of these things once they were gone? It was my fault they were dead in the first place.

Life was perfect before i started putting my nose in everything, seeking for the 'truth' and i got exactly what i had wanted.

The truth was, the pain is the only thing that can wake you from the deception of a perfect life.

And i should have listened when they told me i wasn't ready for the truth.
____________