Chapter 2

No one's p.o.v

"Keep concentrating Bridger! Just a little more!" he said to himself for tenth time. The fever was making it more and more difficult. From all the times he could get sick, it had to be now?! He kept breathing heavily as drops of sweat were falling from his forehead.

"Are you talking to your self? So after so many years you finally lost your mind" the man said trying to get on his nerves.

Ezra didn't had time for this. He was feeling so dizzy.

Ezra?! A kind voice echoed through his mind.

"Kanan?"

"Oh, how sweet! The padawan missed his master"

Ezra where are you?! The voice said again louder this time.

"Kanan!" Ezra cried out his eyes searching the room desperate to find his master standing there. Everything was so blurry. The only thing he could make out was Thrawn's, blurry, blue form.

"Your have delusions from the fever. How pathetic" he heard a voice saying. It was Thrawn, he knew it and even though he was just in front of him his voice was sounding so far away. Suddenly everything became black. Memories. Happy memories with his master appeared through his mind. When his master was still here for him. When he was still alive. He felt so warm and safe and another feeling. Something that he hadn't felt in years. Hope. The hope he lost years before was now feeling his heart making him feeling like a child again. Like the fifteen year old boy that had so many questions and was always by his Master's side, counting on him and his crew to feel loved and welcomed. All these years he was thinking. Was Kanan proud of him? Was he looking down at him and sees the person he wanted him to be? Then he saw it. The ghostly figure of his Master was standing there smiling at him. He let out a sob as he ran at his Master's open arms and hugged him as tight as he could. He felt Kanan hugging him back and rubbing his back. The tears were falling like waterfalls from his eyes as he broke down. Then he heard Kanan whisper.

"Shhh, Shhh, hold on just for a little longer. Help is on the way"

"I don't wanna go back. I'm so tired. I just wanna stay here, with you"

"You can't"

"Why not?"

"It's not your time yet"

"Please don't make me go back" he pleaded as he pressed his head more at Kanan's chest.

"You have to. They're on their way. If you can't do it for your self, do it for me, do it for Sabine"

More tears came out when he heard Sabine's name. He knew she could find him. He wanted her to find him. He couldn't count the times he would try to guess what color her hair would be when she would find him. He chuckled at the thought. He took a deep breath. He knew what he had to do. Even though it would be hard for him. He knew Kanan was right. It wasn't his time yet. He let go of Kanan and looked down. He felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Ready?"

Ezra nodded and felt him self waking up. All the tiredness and the pain hit him. He felt something cold touching his head. He opened his eyes a little, the light blinded him for a second, he looked up and saw Thrawn holding a blaster on his head.

"From what it seems your my prisoner now" he heard him saying as he closed his eyes again finally falling asleep after so many sleepless weeks. The last thing he felt was a strong hand taking him by the collar and dragging him away.