Chapter 5

No ones p.o.v

The Ghost crew have been on the abyss for at least two weeks. Still, no sign of Ezra. Choper kept scanning every day but the abyss was huge. Endless. They were running out of supplies, Hera knew that. She knew that it was now or never. She had to find him. A yawn brought her back to reality. She looked at Jason who was sitting on the chair beside her. The boy was ready to pass out from the tiredness.

"Do you want to go for sleep sweetheart?"

"No, no, I'm really fine mom"

"Take a nap Jason. Go to bed"

"No" Jason said and yawned again.

"Jason, what's wrong?"

"Nothing" he mumbled looking down.

She gestured for him to come closer. He walked to her and she picked him up and sat him on her knees.

"Don't keep secrets from me. Mothers always know best. Now tell me, what's bothering you?"

"Mom, I am worried about you. You are always in the cockpit. You barely get some rest. But aunt Sabine is worst. She barely eats or drink anything and she hasn't slept for days"

"Jason, Ezra's sacrifice was a really traumatic event for everyone. It happened just a week after your father's death and it affected all of us. Sabine more that anyone else. Maybe, she just need someone to talk about-" A soft snoring interrupted her. As she looked down at Jason, she saw that the boy had fallen asleep on her. On his sleep, he looked so innocent, like a little angel. She closed her eyes.

"Oh Kanan, if you were only here" she whispered.

"I'm always here"

Hera opened her eyes rapidly. She looked around surprised. Did she really heard the voice of the love of her life or she was just loosing her mind on this dark abyss? Then she remembered Ezra's last words. The force will be with you. Always. Hera understood now. After so many years, she finally understood. Kanan wasn't gone. He was just one with the force. As long as the force is with her, he will be with her as well. She picked up Jason and went on her room. She laid Jason down and she laid beside him hugging him. Before she drifted off she felt two warm arms holding her. She felt so safe and warm. She knew right away. Kanan. The next second the arms were gone. But she didn't mind. She knew. He was with her. Always.

Sabine's p.o.v

I kept looking outside. Nothing! Nothing but endless darkness.

"Sabine, you need to sleep. Or at least eat something" Ashoka said still in medication form. I knew she was right. But everytime I close my eyes I see Ezra getting hurt by Thrawn. Everytime I eat something, I imagine Ezra starving to death. But I knew that this wasn't healthy. Thrawn is in the same ship with Ezra so I have to be ready for a fight. Also, Ezra wouldn't want me to do this to myself. I signed.

"If anything happen, will you let me know?"

"Of course"

I nodded. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I took a meluran and started eating it. When I was finished, I made my way to my room. I laid on my bed and was out like a light. I don't know how long I was sleeping when I was woken up be someone shaking me. I looked up to see Ashoka.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I found him" she said.

Those two word made me feel so relieved. I ran to the cockpit with Ashoka on my heels.

I know it's short and I'm sorry for the cliffhanger. I was really busy these days. But I finally managed to find some time to update this chapter. Safe travels! Goodbye!
😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸