Chapter 23

"We're gonna be late for school," Grace taunted. "Why in the hell did he have to pull over?" She was getting louder with each word.

"You only pull over and get out the car when a phone call's personal and you're applied with an audience," Caden commented.

"He could whisper, you know," Deewa suggested, resting her head into her hand.

"It sounds like Angelo trouble," Mira heaved. "I knewㅡ"

"Guys, chill out," Axel defended. "Maybe he needs privacy."

"When it's a personal call," Caden said obviously.

"This is better than sitting in class," Tita piped. The gang couldn't help but murmur in agreement.

Kash had got a phone call during the drive. When Mira saw the caller I.D on the screen, she had to blurt it out. By accident. Kash immediately answered it, tried the best way he could to keep it steady and when he couldn't, he pulled over and got out the car walking a good distance away from them.

"Sound the horn," Grace said impatiently. Caden looked at his watch.

"He's got three minutes," he stated.

"What time is it now?" she asked.

"Who cares," everyone in the car 'cept for Grace and Caden said in unison. Grace sighed impatiently.

"We're gonna be late."

"Since when did you out of all people cared?" Mira looked at her. Grace rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but you're mistaking me for Tita or someone else."

"No, me. She's mistaking you for me," Tita corrected efficiently. "Yup, me." She sounded proud about it. Grace sighed again and went back to waiting silently. She was ready to get out of this car.

Axel watched Kash from inside the car blocking out the famrama that was happening in the back of the car. The way Kash paced meant he was frustrated with whoever he was speaking to on the phone. Was it Angelo? Was it his Mom? Dad? Older sister? The principal's office calling cause his little sister got into some trouble? Haha, early this morning? Was it Axel's business? Not yes, but hell yes it was his business. Kash was part of this Spamily, too.

"Alright," Caden said. "His three minutes are up."

"About time." Grace was prepared for this. She scooted up from her seat, draped over over the front seat and went to slam on the horn. Axel stopped her arm.

"Come on, Grace."

"Axel, we're gonna be late for school. We don't have time for this."

"I am really not in a rush to get to school, but I don't want bad attendance," Tita admitted sheepishly. "For the first time," she added.

"Just blow the horn," Deewa agreed with Grace. "It couldn't hurt."

"He's already pissed," Mira butted in.

"Now if it wasn't for the first time..."

"We needa go," Grace was saying.

"I agree. Blow the damn horn." Caden scooted from his seat, intertwined through the middle and on his knee behind the casette. He reached for the horn, too. Axel didn't stop his arm. He knew if they stayed here any longer, the bell would ring. He sighed.

"Then maybe I could be a little late for school..." Tita was going on. Kinda to herself. No one never started listening. "I'm sure my teachers wouldn't mind..."

"Alright," Axel gave in, sighing. He pinched the bridge of his nose and thought what would happen. Maybe, like Deewa said it wouldn't hurt, but Kash didn't look in the mood. Axel also knew the fam didn't care. Some were trying to get to school, some that weren't trying to get to school just weren't patient enough. "Blow the horn. But only one time."