Chapter 31

Kash needed some peace and quiet. Too much was going on in his head and he didn't want any disturbance,  so the library was the best choice for time being. All the while, he couldn't be disturbed here and if someone was to, they couldn't be loud about it, plus who gossips in the library? All he wanted to do was cut everyone off for a few hours. The only thing that permanently nagged him was the fact he still was a personal Uber to his BFFFL; best fucking friends for life. Don't get him wrong, Kash loved it, but as of however long it lasted, everything inside him was alienated and clouded.

He entered the school library, slicing a shoulder through the middle of a pair of conjoined female students making the one who minded offensively rebukeㅡ "Hey, watch it, mexico."

Kash ignored her. Rolling his eyes as he continued to make his way. He wasn't in the mood for thatㅡnot that he was going to stop and jock-bully her about calling him out like that, maybe if he was, he would've scoffed at her remark. Then he stopped, smirked and back tracked. Maybe he should throw a curveball back at her. They weren't too far away.

"Hey," he called out to them in the hallway making them halt and look in his direction. Both girls shifted their weight on their feet,  clueless. The one dressed to impress, named Sparkle Carr,  had her face burned into a scowl.

"What do you want, compadre?" she bitterly spat. So, she was still at it. Fine.

Kash stopped two steps away, said, "Hey, um..." pressing a finger to his lip in thought to make it look like he needed to think over his conversation . After a few seconds, he snapped his fingers and said, "I like your hair. I know my sister would love it." Dressed to Impress Sparkle's lips immediately pulled back into an obviously practised much in front of the mirror award winning  smile.

"Really? She would?" She flipped her hand through the layers of luxurious blond curls. Kash was extremely annoyed on the inside; he wasn't attracted to girls like Sparkle. "I'm miss Miss Popular," might as well be painted on her forehead, but he was nodding.

He continued like he cared. "Yeah, so I was wondering. What do you like, do with it?" He could've added a list of things, but he wanted Sparkle to act like she knew it all. Make her feel really special. Oh, please, Kash thought, fighting back to roll his eyes.

"Well, of course I wash it," Sparkle was saying.

"With what shampoo?"

"Your sister's an idiot because it has its own commercial."

Kash sucked in breath in order to restrain himself from coming out with his comeback. He had to bite back the insult regarding his sister. He licked his lips to hide the clutch in his jaw. As he kept his eyes on Dress to Impress Sparkle as she continued, Jessica quietly breezed on passed them with her head down, but catching every little thing. Her heart sinking from  the scenery of Kash and the two girls:

Kash licking his lip, the blond girl flicking her hair to entertain his flirtation, the second girl in black entire like a goth steaming off jealousy that Kash was paying more attention to her friend than to her. So maybe what happened before lunch wasn't real. He only did it to shut her up. That made Jessica sick to her stomach to think of something like that. But it could be the truth and you can't run away from the truth. Dank je mam.

And on the top of that, she was walking right past it. Although she was curious on what was gonna happen next. Should she make it obvious because it was obvious Kash hadn't noticed her, smelled her perfume. That hurt Jessica's feelings as well. Even talking to 20 girls, Kash still would've seen her, give her a quick hello if it wasn't for...whatever the fam was going to figure out.

Jessica decided not to. She'll see what'll happen without him seeing her. Arriving at her destination, instead of entering, she hid her small body beside the threshold, pressing her back against it. She would have better audio this way.