Chapter 36:- She knows

"You have nice... sorry, you don't have nice anything."

Ivanka!

"You know... you're a pretty crappy God, shouldn't you be in a dream... or is that someone else?"

Ivanka!

My eyes opened, the room was different this time. It was wider and much cooler. The walls were covered in metal tiles, screwed from the four corners.

In front of me was James, lying flat on a gurney. His hands were chained to the sides and there was a head brace around his forehead. Other than a few scratches around his face, which I reckoned were caused by Hecate's ridiculously long nails, he looked fine.

Drugged but fine.

Next to him was a gentleman draped in a black coat. His hair looked liked unmixed paint of a painters pallet, they were white at some places and the other was black.

I couldn't make anything of his face, it was his back I was facing.

"I'm right where I want to be," he said sleepily while waving his hand in front of James's head.

"You know you're not making me sleepy," he argued, "just drugged."

He yawned again, "I know that."

Ivanka!

A sigh escaped James lips, "I miss Cassy," a blush crept upon his face, "I miss the smell of her hair... it smells like Lavender but... God, she'll be a better Goddess than fingernails."

The man laughed, "Hecate really does have long fingers nails."

Ivanka!

"Hmm," he smiled, "I miss my friends... Maya, Hunter... even Ivanka... she's..." a sigh escaped his lips.

Ivanka!

I could hear someone say my name but no one was actually saying it, it sounded ridiculous but then again, I was in a room but I wasn't.

Confused? Welcome to my world.

Ivanka it's me!

"James?" I said out loud.

Yes!

It was his voice but his lips weren't moving, the first thought that came to my mind was that it was a trick. A shallow trick to lure me into their traps.

It's not a trick!

"How do I know?"

Because I called you here.

"She's crazy but she's still my friend... over-smart, sure. Insane, why not? A little unhinged, well duh?" Drugged James said, "sometimes I want to rip her trachea just to watch her stop breathing."

He laughed along with the man next to him.

"What was that?!" I screamed, "Is that what you think of me?"

Well... I'm just drugged, don't take it personally, I'm just telling the truth... I should not have said that.

"Duh!" I mimicked his voice.

I don't have time, I don't know why Hecate's connection is still on.

"Well, she's old so..."

Ivanka, they are waiting for you. They can see things... they will capture you.

"I know that," a sigh escaped my lips, "I... I will get to you out, I'm coming tomorrow."