Chapter 2:- The miserably failed plan

For a person who just had a squawking encounter with their murderer, I was in a better mood.

I didn't need to touch my chest to tell that my heart was gonna jump right out of it. Being stuck in the trance of the horrible nightmare I just had, I shrunk back to the corner of the bed until my back touched or I say 'hit' the wall. I said 'better', not 'brilliant'.

While the boy was busy crying and jumping because he just got a taste of my canines, I stretched my right arm and reached for the brown colored vase which was seated peacefully on the side table; filled with white lilies. I hurriedly took out the white lilies and tightened my grip around the neck of the vase.

After a moment when the pain of being bitten possibly started to disappear from his finger, he turned back. As soon as he turned, his expression changed from discomfort to horror. He defensively stretched his arms forward, squeezed his eyes shut and took a step back, leaning on his left leg.

"Will you please stop hitting me?!" He yelled with eyes still closed.

I put the vase down with a thump, sweat started to trickle down my forehead and the back of my neck furiously. He opened his auburn eyes upon hearing the thumping voice of the vase, he put down his arms and took a breath of relief.

"Thank Gods, I thought I would not return home today." He chuckled on his own comment.

I tried my level best to ignore him and his foolish remarks, I put the white sheet aside which was previously draped on my unconscious body and put my feet on the ground. I was still wearing my blue and white sketchers from the gym class, I lunged forward taking the first step with the help of my left foot. My idea was to get out of this tubular vicinity, rub my shoulders against his indicating a hint of arrogance. But the plan failed miserably as I twisted my ankle in the first step. An excruciating amount of pain surged inside my ankle and I lost my balance and fell.

In a fit of a second, I grabbed his hand and he, along with me, fell and his head bonked the floor. I landed on top of him, indirectly snuggling to his chest.

"I take back my words." He huffed probably because he was being crushed under me.

I had my own personal record, I have never been an inch close to a boy, let alone snuggle to one and use him as your own personal landing pillow. I slammed both my hands on the floor and pushed myself up. For the first time ever I experienced how strong is the gravitational force. My hands started shaking and wittering, I turned my gaze up only to be met with two auburn brown's, they confined my conscience. For a moment, I forgot everything I just went through; The pain in my hands started to disappear, my pupils started getting dilated as I drowned myself in the Auburn water.

Suddenly I noticed something strange in his pupils. I frowned upon seeing that, I saw a flashback being reflected. A man and woman walking hand in hand; laughing and giggling. The scene changed and now I saw the man holding the unconscious body of the women, hugging and snuggling. Tears fell from his eyes like there was no tomorrow.

'Calypso!' he screeched her name in agony.

In a nick of time, I got off him and rolled my butt on the floor and got as far as possible. Seeing those small flashes made me realize the pain I'd felt in the previous nightmare. He sat upright and stood up.

"Did you twist your ankle?" He asked with a concerned look on his face. He walked to where I was sitting and bent down, his eyes crossed with mine, but all I could see were flashes of something that never happened. I averted my gaze and nodded.

"Where is Cassy?" I demanded, still not seeing him in the eyes. The corner of his mouth twitched as he scratched the back of his head.

"Well the coach made her run a lap and when she finished it after ten minutes, she kinda puked on him. And then Gina came and took her daughter home." He replied with a smile.