Chapter 36.2:- The sneaking

Maya knew how to read blueprint, who would've thought she was capable of doing something so complex.

Certainly not me.

"I'm sorry," I closed my jaw as soon as drool started to drool out, "can you repeat?"

Maya sighed as she started again. "This is the tenth time I'll be repeating! Do you have any idea how dumb you are? What is your mind made up of? Haystacks?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"And that's how you must feel teaching me math." She scratched her hair, "God, never thought I'd ever be on this side... feels good."

"Does it?"

"No, I want to scratch your eyes out and rip off your hairs."

"Hair," I corrected.

"And we're back!"

A laugh escaped my lips. "So I just have to dodge a dozen security camera's and jump twelve feet just to get in... you do know that the next building is a bank right?"

She slammed her hands on the steering. "I know that! It's just... ugh!"

It was ugh, there was no word to describe what we were feeling. The blue print was the most intricate thing I'd ever seen. The building of Olympus Trade was over fifteen stories tall and covered in security camera's. The last thing I needed was to get arrested by police for charges I had no idea I was committing (accept assault and battery, I think).

"Wait..." my gaze landed on a peculiar square over the corner, "what is this?"

"It's for... it doesn't say what it is."

"It's in the basement, if it is data storage it must have a cooling system... it would certainly explain the coldness and the noises."

Maya frowned, "Are you high? Even I know that cooling systems are supposed to release heat from the back!"

I grinned my teeth, "Yes but what if it's right next... I think this is our best shot."

"So you're going in blind?"

"Yes,"

"With no knowledge what's so ever?"

"Exactly like you in an exam room."

Maya's eyes started to water down, "That's my girl" she pulled me in for a tight hug.

I patted her back, "We still have to find a way to get in."

"Ugh, yeah." She pulled apart, "let's find it."

Maya took control of the blueprint and traced it with concentration that I hadn't witnessed, ever. People do surprise you, especially if the person was Maya Walker, the street child.

At least I could count on James and Cassy, they'd never surprise me. Their lives were more pointless and boring than mine.

"Where did you learn to read a blueprint like that?" I asked.

She snorted, "Trust me, you don't want to know."

After a minute or two, Maya sighed. "I think I have it," she looked at me with a surprised expression.

"How many feet do I have to jump now?"

I was determined to have 911 on speed dial.

"None..." she sighed, "I can't believe I missed it!"

"Missed what?"

"This!" She showed a line, "this is a shaft! Look... it goes all the way to..." she traced her hand through half the mirror, "...look here," she pointed towards a whole. "Problem solved!"