Chapter 44:- Back to Malibu

Cassy was up and about, left with nothing but a simple scar on her belly from where the arrow had pierced her.

"I had totally forgotten!" She marvelled at the breakfast table, "that Lison Goodhand was your Godfather!"

I was eating half-heartedly, as happy as I was to see Cassy happy and alive, I was supposed to break the news that James knew that she knew about his crush, and that it was me who had blabbed.

She took the news surprisingly well. Cassy screamed for a full fifteen minutes instead of an hour.

"No! No! No! No!" She screamed.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, "you can take my Hayden Christensen signed cup..."

She glared at me.

"...and the Luke Skywalker signed tshirt?"

She kept glaring.

"Fine! I'll give you my skating shoes."

She nodded and fell back on the bed. I fell beside her. I was about to give her a really inspiring pep talk when Lison interrupted us.

"Move!" He screamed, "we have to get to the airport."

"The airport?" I asked. "Why?"

"Because your mother called!"

That got me up and running in no time. Apparently Amelia had weaved a clever lie. She had said that since Lison and I met after so long, he insisted on taking me to Disneyland. But since I barely knew him, I asked him to bring my friends. Which he graciously accepted to but didn't tell their parents.

Gina understood after screaming at mother for an hour, complaining that she was on her way to the station for a missing persons report. Maya's parent weren't worried because this wasn't the first time she'd taken a spin without a waring.

The worst case was Hunter's grandmother who threatened to have my mother fired from the university.

"It wasn't her fault, nani!" He spoke on the phone, "I purposely didn't tell you because you would make a great deal out of it!–well I did call from the booth didn't I? No it wasn't a gunning! There was some problem at the booth—Don't use that language! It's not nice!"

In the end, my mother kept her job and Hunter lost his privileges until he was of age and that she'd found him a nice girl to marry.

He scowled the ride back.

I begged Lison to let me take the car with Maya to which he replied by dragging me to the taxi with me ear. Maya guffawed at the sight as she drove away with Gravity.

The worst part was sitting in between Cassy and James where an ominous silence was spread. The quietness was so deafening that I could taste my thoughts.

James didn't speak and neither did Cassy. Both of them were too embarrassed to even look one another in the eye.

"So..." I said, "I was thinking of dressing as Chewbacca for Halloween."

James gave me a thumbs up and Cassy nodded.

"Or maybe we can dress as Sodium Borohydride, you know, I can be sodium and you lot can be boron and hydride."