Chapter 25.1:- The lie

Hassan didn't trust me after I lied about being on a date with Hunter, he drove to his home along with me in the backseat.

"Come on," he said as he parked his car in front of the apartment building whose address I got from James some days ago.

"Aren't you gonna ask me to stay in the car?"

Hassan laughed as if I had told him a hilarious knock-knock joke. "I don't trust you," he said.

We took the elevator to the second floor where I think I remembered he lived. "There," I pointed towards an apartment labeled 24, "that's his home."

"Are you sure?"

I scoffed, "I think I know where my boyfriend lives."

Spoiler Alert:- I didn't, I read his apartment number on the signup sheet at the starting of the building.

"Stay there," he ordered pouting towards apartment 21, "and don't move."

I sighed as I walked over, "It's like you don't trust me at all!" I said sarcastically.

"For the last time..." he answered, his hand an inch away from the door, "I don't!"

He carried a gun so I refrained from showing my tongue like an angry little boy. Technically, I wasn't wrong, I was with Hunter that day, only for an hour or so but if you would look into it more closely, it was a date. He had dropped me off at my home and even asked for a kiss.

It he was Elton Muller, it would be called an engagement.

It was one of the rarest of times when I wanted Hunter to brag.

More like a lie... Betty said you want him to lie.

Meh, same thing.

As Hassan knocked on the brown door, my heart did a somersault. It was at that moment I realized that my future was depended on someone else's lie other than mine. I was new to the situation, I didn't know whether to faint from horror or die from embarrassment.

Just then, the door opened. "Hello," Hassan greeted, "May I speak with Mr. Tahil Hunter?"

A brown woman stepped out, closing the door behind. She was just as tall as James and just as old as Nathan, but much more attractive. Her sleek silver hair was tied back in a bun and she was wearing what looked like a Salwar-Kameez.

I remembered Hunter saying something about living with his grandmother.

"What is the FBI doing here?" She questioned, her accent was clearly Asian, "we are legal citizens."

Hasan smiled uncomfortably, "I am not here for that," he said, "I want to question him."

"He's a minor," she argued, "did he do something to someone?"

"No, he's not in trouble, I have to question him regarding someone else." He pointed towards me, I wasn't very good with old people or new people after Hassan put me on the spotlight, I gave her the most uncomfortable smile ever.

I think she cringed.

A worried expression dawned on her face as she looked back at Hassan and then at me. "Did..." She stuttered... "...did he get her pregnant?"

I facepalmed myself. "No!" I screamed, "why would you even think that!"

Hassan glared down at me, asking me to shut up. "No," he said in a calm voice, "if you'll please call him, it is important."

A spark of grimace sparked on his grandmother's face. She scowled at me and then at Hassan before going back inside.

"She doesn't like you," I commented.