1

Evelyn
       "Yet another murder from serial killer 'H'. The body of a young girl was found by the river this morning. She looked to be brutally beaten, but it looks like her death is by drowning. The well known initial of 'H' was left on her calve. If you have any leads to her murderer, as well as many others left unsolved, call-"

I drowned out the sounds of the TV as I thought about the difficulties of today. The young girl was Ellie Hudson, my best friend. My best friend was the victim of murder.

Tears wept down my face for the fifth time today. Ellie was gone. Her parents were utterly devastated, to say the least. They're moving to Oregon. They need a new start for them and their 3 kids. I'll miss Peter, Lilly, and Reagan, but not as much as Ellie. I can never see Ellie again.

"E, are you okay honey? We've been over talking to the Hudsons. They plan to be gone by next week." I heard my mom come up the stairs, my dad following close behind. I sighed. My tears had finally calmed, at least for a little while.

"They already found someone to buy the house."

"George, you weren't supposed to-" my mom snapped at my father, after realizing what he had said.

"It's fine, mom. Today has just been a lot for me and I want it to be over." I spoke.

"Alright hon. Your father and I will be in our bedroom, if you need." I nodded and watched them walk out of sight.

I fell asleep with dried tears on my cheeks minutes later.

-

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell, several times before I realized my parents weren't home. I groaned as I rolled out of bed in my loose t-shirt and my pajama shorts. A loose braid in my hair, I hobbled down my stairs and down to the small foyer.

I opened the door and squinted my eyes at the immediate sunlight. "Hi, I'm Harry." A teenage boy smiled. He had long, luscious brown locks and emerald green eyes. He couldn't have been more than a year older than I.

"Hi, I'm Evelyn." I yawned. "Sorry, I'm really tired."

"S'alright, love. I just moved in next door and wanted to say hello." He was very charming and polite.

"Thanks. Sorry for me being out of sorts. Are you going to Kearney High?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually. I'll be a senior there."

"Cool. I'm a junior. Maybe I'll see you there and hopefully be in a better state than this." I giggled.

"Your state is lovely, s'fine." He spoke with the same British charm in his voice, captivating me.

"Thank you. Well, I'll talk to you later, maybe. Nice to meet you again, Harry." I reached out for a handshake, and he took it almost immediately.

An electric shock flowed through us both as soon as our hands touched. I noticed a few tattoos scattered amongst his arms, then I pulled away.

"Sorry."

"You apologize a lot for someone so perfect."

"Sor- Um thank you. You're so sweet."

"Thanks love. I'll be going now."

"Bye."

I closed the door in a shocked state, reality finally hitting me. What a beautiful human. His emerald green eyes were hypnotizing and beautiful. I took a deep breath and then headed upstairs to change.

Harry
       Meeting Evelyn for the first time was better than I ever imagined. Her slightly sheer pajamas gave me a view the pictures of her that I collect would've never prepared me for. For now I'm portraying an 18 year old teen boy, but I'm actually 22.