7

Evelyn
It'd been about a week since Harry took me. I wondered if anyone missed me or if Harper had been set up for trial.

There'd been multiple punishments over the past week, the biggest one being from kissing Rowan. I was spanked and manhandled so much for that one. I wish I'd never opened the door to Harry that day.

I was contemplating my escape, hoping that Harry wouldn't notice any differences in my behavior.

I knew today would probably have to be the day. Harry and his friends were going out today and wouldn't be back for a while.

I wandered around the house for a while, packing up some food from the fridge, I didn't know how long I'd be on my own. I didn't even know where I was or what was out there.

I found a hammer in a drawer, taking it and smashing out the bathroom window. Although small, I was fairly positive I could get out. I pushed myself through, getting a few cuts on me from the glass.

I got stuck on my ass but was determined to make it through.

I was out within the next minute, hopping from the window onto the roof and sliding down.

I was careful in how I approached the ground, the last thing I needed was to break a foot or anything else for that matter.

I needed to get away.

I started running through the forest, I didn't know where I was going but I knew I needed to get as far away from the place in the shortest amount of time possible.

I heard a siren go off and immediately realized it was coming from the direction of the house. It only encouraged me to run even faster. I wasn't one for running, at all for that matter. But this terrible situation had gone much too far and I was over it.

I felt like I had gotten a decent distance away, and the sun had begun to set, hidden behind the trees so I could only see parts of it. I managed to climb a tree with my bag, containing food, a blanket, and water. I hung the bag from a nearby branch after grabbing the blanket and cozying up on the hard branch. I told myself I'd be home soon. I told myself it's all be worth it.

I woke up at dawn, to birds chirping and the sun beginning to rise behind the clouds. I was pretty much fully rested, besides a few random wake ups in the middle of the night, seeing creatures and waking up from nightmares about Harry.

What would happen if he found me was unimaginable. He'd beat me to a pulp and probably kill me. Not before raping me, though.

I couldn't let it happen. I couldn't let him catch me.

I didn't think Nebraska's most notorious serial killer would have a chance in catching me in these deep woods.

Was I still in Nebraska?

I doubted it, as the car ride here seemed super long, but what do I know?

Climbing down from the tree, I began walking again. I didn't have any idea of how far away from the house I was, and I didn't want to know.

The next thing I knew I was thrown up against a tree. A dark haired man with a light beard stared at me, his eyes tracing my features as he examined me. "What a pretty little thing we have here."

I coughed as his chokehold felt a little tighter upon my neck.

"Please-" I winced. "Please let go."

"Not until I get what I want, you slut."

No. Not again. I'd gotten out of it before, but that was only because of Harry.