TEN

The cafe is warm and snug, leaving a comfortable atmosphere settled over the place. 

"I didn't know you dance," you gasp as your other hand sets down your cup of hot chocolate back on the saucer. "That's quite..unexpected."

Jimin nods thoughtfully, a hint of a proud smile at his lips as he sips his iced coffee through the straw, "People say that often. But I've been dancing longer than I've played hockey."

Your jaw drops, literally for dramatic effect, but you really are genuinely astounded by what you have come to learn about Jimin. 

"Well, that just adds to the list, which means more things you can use to snatch up the ladies."

You nod with admiration and mock seriousness, giving him a thumbs up. A giggle erupts from Jimin's throat, a slightly higher pitched one that you came to realise gets released whenever he's shy or embarrassed. 

"You flatter me princess," Jimin bites his lip to suppress his grin, but he's glowing, and it makes you smile like a proud mom.

"And you deserve all the flattery."

"It might really get to my head if you continue. But hey, I'm not complaining."

The conversation carries on smoothly and you feel at ease, all the tension that had built on your shoulders during the party quickly finding its release, leaving you much lighter and in a better mood. 

You're glad to know more about Jimin, and he does pick up a few things about you as well 'to be fair', as he had claimed. It made you a little thrilled that Jimin seems genuinely interested in hearing you out as you tell him about your family, but mostly how you're a potato compared to him because you're definitely not as talented as he is. He listens to everything intently, his focus entirely on you, his body language showing that he's giving you his full attention. 

You can't lie. You kinda like it. 

"And then there was this one time—"

Your sentence gets cut off when Jimin's phone suddenly rings, and he gives a quick apology as he fishes his phone from his pocket. You take another sip of your drink, watching as he eyes the screen, his smile abruptly disappearing, replaced by a troubled frown. 

"Is something wrong?" you ask carefully, seeing his change in mood. He looks up at you and gives a worried, forced smile. 

"Jungkook's calling," he says simply, and your insides immediately freeze like ice. "I didn't know it's been that long since we left the party. I lost track of time."

You quickly scramble for your phone, almost feeling sick when you see the countless missed calls and texts from Jungkook, feeling your insides twist in the most unpleasant way possible. You glance at the time and do a double take: 11.47 p.m. It's been more than two hours since the two of you left. 

You are in deep deep deep shit. Not even divine intervention can save you now. 

"I don't have a choice, huh?" Jimin sighs, his finger hesitant and lingering over the screen for a brief second before he slides and answers the call. "Hel—"

Jimin winces as he pulls the phone away from his ear, and you hear a muffled shouting from over the line even from opposite Jimin. He sounds mad, real mad, and you start praying in your head that you live past tonight. 

Is this how it's going to be? You're going to die young without even being able to experience any hot, sizzling Korean drama romance?

"Yes, yes my bad..yes she's with me...at the cafe opposite..just calm—" Jimin stops talking and puts his phone down with a heavy sigh. "He's coming."