EIGHT

you: Jeon where are you

The chat remains dead, and Jungkook doesn't reply. 

you: skipping detention will give you two more, so don't even think of it

You hit send, before slipping your phone back into your pocket silently. Detention started fifteen minutes ago, but Jungkook hasn't shown up yet, and he didn't even send or reply any of your texts to assure you that he didn't fall into a ditch and die. 

You're curious, confused, and a little worried, even though there isn't a need to be.His ass is definitely healthy and alive some where, but it's weird that he didn't even tell you if he's skipping, although he did say this afternoon that he'd meet you in detention. Hmm, how strange.

"Hey Y/N, are you alright? You're been engaging the most intense staring competition with the wall for the past ten minutes."

You turn to the boy who had chosen to sit beside you, introducing himself as Jimin, and who you recognized as a boy who was part of the hockey team. You'd be lying if you said you didn't stereotype hockey boys as loud, obnoxious, playboys, so Jimin came as a pleasant surprise. For a hockey player, he's surprisingly gentle and graceful in the way he carries himself, maybe a little shy even. 

Jimin smiles with the most endearing, plush, cotton candy pillow lips you've seen, and his eyes that turn into crescents as he smiles. His friendliness had oozed off of him and enveloped you like a blanket, and you couldn't bring yourself to admit that you'd actually saved the seat for Jungkook. Good choice, because the jerk doesn't even bother showing up or reply to your texts. 

"Oh fine," you wave him off, with an awkward laugh that came out more like a snort. "All's good. Detention's good."

You were blabbering nonsense, and it's Jungkook's fault. 

Everything is Jungkook's fault. 

That ditcher. 

Jimin laughs softly, a pretty sound that chimes in your ear, putting a stupid grin on your face. 

"Hey, I'm just trying to stay positive,"you defend raising both hands in surrender. "I swear I'm not crazy."

"Which I respect you for," he chuckles, nodding. He leans back in his chair, taking one look at the supervising teacher who is conveniently dozing off at his table at the front of his class, then back at you with a smile. 

You tilt your head, not really understanding. 

"You respect me for.. ?

"For being able to stand Jungkook that brat without going crazy," Jimin explains, and from his toothy grin and raised brow, you know he's teasing.

You feign a pained groan, like someone had just punched your gut, and shake your head. 

"Ugh, you have no idea."

The both of you spend spent the next forty minutes laughing and joking around, albeit at a contained volume so as not to wake the teacher up. The thought that Taehyung is in the same room, at a corner, doesn't even occur to you even once. Even thoughts of Jungkook have disintegrated, and you've immersed yourself in the conversation with Jimin instead. 

"So you're telling me you're a math and science genius, the hockey vice captain, and you dance as a hobby?" You let out a soft whistle. "I'm...impressed."

"Not to brag, but that only scratched the surface," Jimin laughs cheekily, and you playfully roll your eyes at him. It's cool how you can get comfortable so quick with someone you just met.