Chapter Nine

Tony POV

I set Peter down on a bed in the Med Bay. I quickly called Bruce to come and check out the kid.

"Mr. Stark?" The kid's voice cracked.

"Hey Pete, what's up bud?" I asked trying to stay strong.

"I'm sorry for getting taken," he muttered.

"That is not your fault!" I practically screamed at him, "it is mine for not being there."

He smiled at me and we both waited for Bruce. When Bruce got to the Med Bay he started firing questions at Pete.

"What hurts? Did you break anything? Is your side okay?"

"My side...is fine. He...shoot my leg...broke my wrist and s'mthing in my...neck," Peter said practically choking out the words.

Bruce realized the elevation of the problem and quickly started scans and x-rays. After he finished evaluating Peter he gave him a neck brace, wrist brace, and a couple of bandages for his face. When he was done Peter mumbled that he was hungry so I took him to the kitchen to get some food, I forgot about Loki and Thor who just came over.

~¥~
Peter POV

I got up and limped to the kitchen Tony following close behind me incase. When I got to the kitchen I was surprised to see utter chaos. Clint was trying to release Natashas grip on a persons neck while Steve, Bruce, Falcon, War machine, Vision, Wanda, and what looked like Thor were standing around a hammer taking turns trying and failing, by the looks of it, to lift it off the table.

"What is going on here!?" Tony shouted from behind me.

"Trying to keep Nat from strangling Loki," Clint muttered still trying to peel Nat off of Loki's back.

"I challenged some of the small earthlings to pick up my hammer. All have failed of course but maybe you can try," Thor said smirking at Tony.

"Ya Tony we were just trying to prove his ass wrong," Falcon said laughing, obviously drunk.

"Language!" Steve yelled.

"Right Capsicle, look everyone calm down okay? Pete just got out of recover and has never met Loki and Thor," Tony said rolling his eyes at everyone.

"Oh no Mr. Stark it's okay," I said not wanting the fun to stop because of me.

"Kid you literally have a neck brace and a broken wrist, they can handle turning it down a notch."

"Ya but I will heal in like..." I looked at Bruce.

"About 4 hours with your super healing," Bruce said matter-of-factly.

"See it's fine," I said looking at Tony, "everyone continue."

Everybody turned back to what they were doing and continued laughing and drinking away. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out pop tarts. While I let them toast Tony went over to where Thor was and tried to lift up the stupid hammer. I laughed when Tony couldn't do it and instead flung backwards when he lost his grip. I ate my food and headed over to the hammer circle.

"Hello Boy of Spiders, would you like to try and lift up my hammer? It is extremely difficult and you can only lift it if you are worthy, unlike any of the men in this room," he said laughing at me.