Chapter 3

"Masters were right. No one is selling red ones anymore. I bought a white one today, but..." she sighed. "I accidentally turned it red, and I think the guy saw." Jungkook spat out his ramen, staring at her wide eyed.

"Are you crazy? Didn't you control..." he shushed when he realised what he said.

"I can't, OK! I'm not like you!" she ran to her room, locking herself, and cried. She sat in front of the door, hugging her knees, sobbing. She hated her life for only one reason.

She's unstable. Because she's not a full. She was born to a human, and a vampire. Even if she seems like a normal one, she's the only one with control problems.

And now, she's scared. What if the antidote masters gave doesn't work on her properly? What if she can't go through the rest of the red season? What if it stops working completely?

Jungkook sat in silence, feeling guilty from what he just said. It's true that Seulgi wasn't his real sister, but after everything she's done, he treats her like one, because that's what she deserves. Love from family. She didn't get it when she was young, and yet she turned out a beautiful person inside and out.

He stood up and walked to her room, knocking on the door.

"Seulgi... Open up... Come on sis, don't be like that. I'm sorry." the door remained closed, so Jungkook simply waved his hand over the knob, eyes turning red, and the inside exploded. He pushed the door open, and found his sister bawling on the floor. He squated in front of her and pulled her into a hug, stroking her hair.

"I'm sorry Seulgi. I didn't mean it. I just... Got scared for you. Sorry." she continued crying into his shirt, and slowly fell asleep. Jungkook helped her up and tucked her in bed, then left the room, fixing the door knob on the way out.

¤

"Excuse me..." Bambam looked up, and his eyes widened at the customer. But he kept silent, and Aisha came next to him.

"Hi! What would you like?"

"I want to order a bouquet of white roses. Unless you have some now." Aisha turned behind, then back shaking her head.

"Sorry. Not now. Please give us your info, so we can contact you. Latest will be by tomorrow." she said taking out a pen and notebook.

"Name?"

"Sorn." Aisha noted it down.

"Number?"

"010-********. Do you deliver?" Aisha thought for a second.

"Um... We can't deliver yet sorry. But maybe if you can meet us somewhere, that would work."

"Sure. That sounds good."

"OK. Bambam will give you tomorrow." his head shot a Aisha, who glared at him. Bambam sighed.

"Yes Miss Sorn. I will pass it to you." the lady eyed him, then turned back to Aisha.

"I will come to the ________ Café. And I'm busy tomorrow, so day after at two please." Aisha nodded, and the lady left. Bambam looked back at his phone, when she snatched it away.

"Hey!"

"What's wrong with you? Why were you so rude to her? Do you wanna get paid or not?" she scolded him, and Bambam simply sat back in his chair, and looked away, not wanting to talk.

¤

Taeyong and Chanyeol sat waiting for more customers. Mina called in sick, while Bambam was away for a delivery.

"Ugh! So boring! Hey Tae, I'm gonna go to the mart and grab something. Bye." before Taeyong could respond, Chanyeol dashed away. He shook his head, and returned to spraying water on the roses.

Suddenly, he heard a painful cry. He turned, and saw the same lady he attended before, on the ground, crying in pain. He ran to her, and held her up.

"Are you OK miss?"

"Rose... AKH! Rose! Please! Now!" she grabbed his shirt, and clutched it tight. Confused, Taeyong helped carry her to the stand, and sat her down.

"What do you need?" he asked, watching her grab her chest, where her heart is.

"Red... Rose... Please..." she kept repeating as she winced. Taeyong shuffled around the stand, but remembered that they don't have any. Then, he remembered the bush in his backyard. The wild rose bush, that was red.

Quickly, he took out the "On Break" sign, and carried the lady on his back to his house, which was very near. He went in, and sat her on the couch as she continued to be in pain. He ran to the back, and picked one red rose from behind his fence, outside his house zone. It wasn't anyone's bush, but grew wild, and no one ever cared for it.

Except Jisung. As a child, he had the kindest heart, and cared for it when no one else did. Now, without him, Taeyong refused to get rid off what his brother grew up with.

With the red rose in hand, he gave it to the lady, who pointed towards her purse.

"Bottle..." he took out a tube with a cork cover from her bag and showed her. "Crush it... And... Mix... QUICK!" she cried out loud.

Taeyong did as told, and watched in shock as the clear slime turned red, like blood. Shaking his head, he passed the tube to her, and she motioned him to help her drink. He sat next to her, lying her head down on his lap, and slowly poured it into her mouth. She stopped wincing in pain, and her grasp on her chest loosened as she fainted.

"Miss?" Taeyong shook her. "Are you... Alive?" her eyes flickered open, and she looked at him. They made eye contact, and remained quiet for a while.

"Seulgi..." she broke the silence. "I'm Seulgi."

"I'm..." he hesitated, "Taeyong. What happened to you?" she blinked a few times.

"I'm... Sick. Sorry for the trouble. But I... Ugh." she grabbed her stomach, wincing again. Taeyong looked at her worriedly.

"Sorry... I'm really sick. I need your help." he nodded listening. "You're the only one with red roses right now. Please, I need them for my medicine. Can you give me? Almost every day?"

"What kind of medicine is that?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's... Kind of a herbal thing. I don't need it always. Just until... The next two weeks, I need them. Then I'm done." she pleaded. Taeyong thought for a while, then put her head back down as he got up. He walked back to the bush, and checked on the roses.

They're beautiful...

He counted how many there were, and went back inside. Seulgi was sitting up weakly, packing her things in her purse.

"Mi... Uh, Seulgi." she looked his way, "I think it's no problem. I should be able..." she grabbed his hand before he could finish.

"Thank you! Thank you!" she exclaimed. "I'll do anything for you! Just give me one whenever I need it." he nodded, and she left.

Before going to sleep, he took out his laptop, and searched what has been in his mind the rest of the day.

red rose herbal medicines

No results came that actually made sense, and Taeyong couldn't help think about the lady he met today.

Seulgi...

¤