Chapter 17

Rejection. Donghyuk was anything more than mad. He shoved another shot down his throat, trying to control but at the same time wanting to let his anger out.

After everything I've done for her...

"Sir, we're closing." he shot the waiter a glare before walking out, or trying to walk. Donghyuk was the type to forget that vampires get just as drunk as humans do, and ends up drinking more than he can handle.

As he walked around the town, with no aim whatsoever, tears began streaming down his face as he remembered that there was no way she would talk to him again.

Jisoo...

He ended up in front of the movie theatre, and fell on the bench, looking up at the sky.

"That was a nice movie. Thank you for that, Hansol." he heard someone talk.

That voice...

"So, I will be seeing you again right, Ms..." the male voice sounded hesitant.

"Just call me Jisoo. And... Yes, I guess we'll still see each other."

Donghyuk exploded. He stared into the pavement with such anger, there were two holes in a matter of seconds burned into it. And he knew the lady talking noticed it. "Uhm, why don't you go on. I have some errands to do."

"Alright then, bye." the man waved and disappeared into the crowd. She turned to Donghyuk, and grabbed his shoulder.

"Donghyuk! What the hell do you think you're doing!?!" she yelled, eyeing the holes in the pavement which continued to burn. He turned to her, eyes fully red, and pushed her arm away as he stood up.

"Stay away from me b****!" he yelled, gaining a little attention from around. Jisoo bowed to them in apology, and grabbed his wrist

"You don't have to be so rude." she gritted, and suddenly realised his state. "You're drunk, let me help you get home..." she was cut off when he pushed her hand off again.

"Strangers are better than past loves." he fired back at her. "I don't want to see you again. Just leave me alone." his words hit her like daggers, and Jisoo started backing away.

"We... " she stuttered, "We could still be friends?"

"Like I said, I don't want to see you again. Don't ever think of becoming close with me anymore."

Jisoo's heart broke as she watched him walk away unsteady. She never wanted to lose her childhood friend in any way. Now, she was in a dilemma. She fell onto the bench and tears soon started coming out as she thought about their past, and her past true feelings, which may still linger now.

I fell for you when we were young, but I knew one mistake could break our friendship. I tried hard to lose you as a guy and look at you as a friend. But I never thought our feelings would be mutual. I'm sorry Donghyuk.

¤

"Find Seulgi, now!" Jiyong's voice roared through the hall, making the servant fall to his knees in fright.

"W... Why Master?"

"Because I said so! I know she's living with that man, so kill someone if you must, but bring back Seulgi in one piece, and as a single woman. We can't afford to lose her!"

¤

"Seulgi, your phone." Jisung ran into the room. Seulgi looked up from the computer, smiling as the boy handed it to her.

"Thanks." she smiled as he left the room, then checked the caller, a little shocked. "Hey Donghyuk."

"Seulgi, I know Jisoo told you everything." he started, and she could hear him take a deep breath. "But, she didn't tell you what you really needed to know." he said, confusing her a bit.