Chapter 1

I wake up on a table in a white room. I am chained to the table laying down like an 'X'. Not only have I lost circulation in my wrists, but I have also lost it in my ankles. The chains holding me down are pure metal. I can't move a hair. However, I can see. I am no longer blind from the mixture of sweat, tears, and pain. I hear a soft squeak. It is the door opening from the far left of the room. I swing my head to the direction of the door to see my fate. 

A peacekeeper.

He asks," Can you see?"

"What?" I question him. He must have noticed I was literally blind as he snatched me up.

"Are you blind?" 

"No," I say softly. He nods and then says, "Open your mouth."

Is he going to posion me...? I ask myself. But then I see a small jar filled with a pink liquid. The label says Avox #542. I then figure out that the word 'No' was my last. I start to cry, and I can see the man staring at me knowing that I have figured it out. He then commands me:

"Open your God damn mouth."

Shaking, I open my mouth slowly. He then takes a knife into his hand, lifts it up, and then I scream bloody murder. I can feel the blood rushing out. I am crying hysterically , and banging my head against the table I still lay on. Through the tears I can see the peacekeeper putting my tongue in the jar, then put it on a cart, and rolls it out of he door. 

I am just lying here wanting the pain to go away, but the blood is overflowing my mouth. It tastes like a bucket of nails. It's like I'm drowning and I can barely breathe. I surrender.