Chapter 6

This is a long one and the ending is quite disturbing. I'm surprised at the dark things I wrote there. Anyways, if you follow me on instagram (@ cosetteramento2003) you'll know what I was feeling while I was writing this. Now, on to the story.

Chapter 6:

It was the next day and Elaine was seething. It was already past four am, an hour later from the time she assigned to Kylie and Tyler. They obviously don't care much about authority, but Elaine has a plan to show them just how much she means business.

At 8:30 am, hours later, Elaine walked inside the pack house, intending to get a cold glass of water. She had been running for four hours, trying to release her anger enough that she won't be too rough on the insubodinate warriors. "Although, that's exactly what they might need," she thought as she walked into the kitchen. And, there she saw Tyler flirting with Jay and Kylie making moves on Duke.

Duke and Jay immediately sighed in relief at the sight of their Alpha. Amused but deciding not to show it, she said, "Duke, Jay, why are you still here? Didn't Alissa tell you to meet her at the front of the pack house? She needs your help with something."

Duke said, "Uh, yeah, yeah. Come on, Jay." And then they left, sending a thank you to her through the mindlink.

To get to the fridge, she had to go pass Kylie and when she did, Kylie stuck out her foot, inteding to trip her. Seeing the move, Elaine let it happen, but wouldn't forget to add that to the list of offenses Kylie has done against her. "It's okay. You probably didn't mean it," she said, throwing a smile in Kylie's direction. When she got her water bottle, she turned to leave, but not before saying, "Since you obviously don't want to train with me, you can resume training with my gamma."

And then she left, feeling even more outraged. To ease her anger, she went in search for Lincoln. Asking around, she found him in a shed, holding some garden shears, a watering can and a garden spade. Elaine raised an eyebrow at the items and Lincoln blushed. "Ms. O'Neil was, uhm, okay, I garden. My fellow pack members already make fun of me for it, so please don't," he said, bowing his head. Elaine's heart fluttered and she walked closer to Lincoln, putting a hand on his forearm. "It's okay, Lincoln. I like a guy who gardens, makes you feel closer to nature, right? Although I don't garden, it has always captured my interest." And just like that, Lincoln brightens up, almost like a ray of sunshine. He beamed and started, "I guess with all your moving around, it gets hard to keep anything. But if you want, I could still help you learn to garden. It's a habit that reminds me of my mother." He said all of that with such a wide smile, Elaine was afraid his face would split. She chuckled at his enthusiasm. Then he checked his watch and his eyes widened. "I gotta go. It's almost time for training," he said, turning around and putting the gardening tools in their respective places. When he closed the door, Elaine said, "I'm coming with you. I will need to supervise." He nodded and jogged to the training site.

Elaine smirked as she watched Tyler get downed by Alissa. He looked up at her in bewilderment, probably wondering how such a tiny thing could have so much strength. That was a part of her story. Being five feet tall flat, Alissa was always underestimated by enemies and her old pack members. And she was called an Omega there too. Elaine had an issue with that and so, on the condition that the pack would not have Omegas, she agreed to train their pack. And the last straw for Alissa was when she got rejected by her mate who thought of Omegas as the lowest of the low. When she joined Nameless, she trained under Elaine and she became one of Elaine's best warriors.

Elaine was snapped out her thoughts when she heard a shriek. Turning her head, what she saw made her boil, her rage couldn't be stopped at this point. Kylie was standing over Jay, who cradled an arm to her chest, tears running down her face. Kylie was smirking and Elaine wished to punch it off. Quickly deciding to do just that, she walked over to where Jay sat. Asking Jay if she was okay, Elaine then turned to Kylie. "What in the fucking hell was that?" She exclaimed, barely controlling her temper. Kylie didn't even seem bothered and answered nonchalantly, "Training. Jay wanted to spar and I was merely respecting her wishes."