Chapter 4: 4 Years Later

''Mommy, Mommy!'' I heard Kalib yelling as he ran down the hallway to see i was home from a lot of job interviews.  I was still thinking about Lance because in the news paper i saw he married my Cousin.  ''Im home.'' I said while smiling and hugging him. We sat down on the couch and turned on the t.v. Spongebob was on and while he watched that i made him lunch, Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich in the shape of a super man.  ''Mommy who is my Daddy?''  He asked with a cute puppy dog face.  ''He um....um.... Well thats out talk about that just eat your lunch then we will go out for ice cream.''  I said trying to think of what i will tell him next time he asks me.  After i sit him down i get a call on the house phone.  '' May i speak to Ms. Claire please.''  The lady said on the phone. '' This is she.''  I answered back.  '' Oh Ms.Claire, hello i am Julia.  I heard you are in need of a job?''  She said. '' oh hello Julia, um and yes i am in need of a job.''  I replied.  '' Oh well Mr. Everheart told me to call anyone that needs a job.  And i saw you needed one on the city-wide billboard and i gave you a call.''  She said IN a distinct voice. '' Um ok well what is the job?'' I asked.   ''It is being an assistant for Mr.Everheart, my boss.''  '' Oh sure ill take whatever i can get.  Where is it and when can i start?'' I asked.  ''Ok its on main Street in Donnybrook only and hour from here.  And you start next week.'' She said.  ''Ok that will not be a problem, until 1 week. by.''  I said then she hung up then i hung up.   ''Well sport, mommy has a job that means grandma is going to watch you for a few hours next week.''  I told him then picked him up and put him in the car and we went out for ice cream. 

-WEEK LATER-

''Love you mommy bye.'' I hear kalib say as i get into my car and drive to my job.  Im in my long black skirt that hugs my hips and im wearing a tight white shirt and a black jacket.  Im in my black heels that make me look 2 inches taller.  I pull up in the parking lot an hour later and i look up and see that the building is 30 feet tall and it is 3 buildings in one.  I walk in and i go to the lady at the desk and her name was Julia.  ''Um hello Julia i am Ms.Claire.'' I said then she motioned me to fallow her and she led me to Mr.Everherats office.  He had his chair turned to the other side and he started to say ''Hello i am your new boss.........-''he said turning around ''Aubrey!''  He said.  ''LANCE!!!!'' I screamed in disgust.