Chapter 6: Meeting Kalib

''Mommy why are you all dressed up?'' Kalib asked.  '' Because tomorrow I'm going on a date honey.'' I said.

''What happened to dad?'' He asked

''Um nothing don't worry about it.'' I said

Then there was a knock on the door. Kalib ran to the door and opened it.

''I don't know you!'' Kalib said and he slammed the door in his face.

''Kalib honey, hes a friend.'' i said then i opened the door.

''Sorry he doe that alot.'' I said then he came in

''So this must be kalib.'' He said

''Yeah in Kalib whats up man.'' kalib said then we all laughed.

We all sat on the couch and started to talk about him.  In the middle of talking i get a phone call. It was from my date.

''Whats up?'' i asked

''Um hate to tell you but Bryce is in the hospital with rare skin cancer.''  A lady said but i could tell it was his mother.

'' OMG are you sure?  Ill rush over there right away.''' i said then we both hung up.

  When i went in the living room Lance got up and said he had to leave.  Lance got up gave me a hug and then picked kalib up, called him sport, and gave him a big playful noogy.

''Kalib why don't you go in the play room and.......play''' I said

''I like him... mom keep him.'' he said then he smiled.

Lance gave me a hug and then he looked back slowly and gave me a kiss, ON THE LIPS!!!!!

I screamed quietly then he left.

I was caught up in the moment. ''Wow'' i said in the house behind the door.  ''Whoa'' he said outside behind the door.

Then I remembered about Bryce and i grabbed kalib and we went to the hospital.  before we got there though i dropped him off at Lances because i kind of ish trusted him with my son, our son.  Then i rushed to the hospital in no time.