Chapter 10

Why didn't I fuck her? Sam thought on her way home from the bar.

Earlier, Martine allowed plenty of openings, including a slow kiss with tongue. During, Sam thought back to her life as Ty. There had been a handful of masturbatory sessions spent thinking of Martine, and her lips were just as soft as Ty/Sam had imagined they'd be.

Yet, as attractive as Martine was, she wasn't Antoinella.

You're not married, just go for it. Antoinella will never know.

A male side of Sam screamed for her to go through with it. As Martine's hands settled on her hips, she thought of how there was no male side within her, only a myriad of human sides.

Using her old memories and desires to excuse her present behavior was wrong. It was less than Antoinella deserved.

Regretfully, Sam pulled away from Martine.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I with Antoinella."

Martine tucked her thick, dark hair behind her ears. "Okay, I understand. I didn't know you two were still together."

Sam shrugged. "It's not like I didn't wanna be here. Trust me."

That's enough. Stop talking. Walk away, her conscience insisted.

"See you at the next meeting," Martine said.

"See ya."

Sam swallowed her desire, watching Martine walk down the street to her car.

At home, Damon and Ty drilled Sam about her meeting. Most of her answers consisted of "I don't know". She was anxious to climb in bed, call Antoinella, masturbate a bit. With Antoinella's help, she had learned how to properly pleasure not only her partner, but herself. And boy, did she enjoy the work.

~*~

Contrary to her promise, Sam didn't see Martine at the next meeting. When it was over, Sam went to Group Leader Campion to inquire about her friend's sentencing. Had she been released early?

Campion chuckled. "No, my dear. She requested to move to a different group." He gave her a pointed look. "She said it was for private reasons."

Sam pedaled to Good Time, damning herself for not taking the car to the meeting. Martine was working the closing shift, and they had to have some words. She confronted the Cuban beauty in the back of the store.

"Why'd you switch groups? 'Cause I wouldn't go home with you? You were the only thing that made group bearable!"

Thankfully, there were no customers around to overhear Sam's plea. However, Wallace was watching, his eyes nerding over with interest.

"Are you two..." he gulped, "...dating?"

They answered together, "No."

His disappointment was comical. "Oh."

Martine pulled Sam to a quieter corner of the store. There, she began typing words on her interface.

"What are you--,"

Martine's finger on her mouth silenced her. "Wait," she mouthed.

After a minute, she typed a paragraph onto her interface. She held it up for Sam to read.

-Can't talk. (Pretend to laugh so they think I'm showing you a video).

Sam stalled for a moment before chuckling and reading on.

-We're being watched, even more now since we're in group. They saw us together last night. We broke the rules. To keep up both out of jail, I had to switch groups and promise to convert. We can't talk, or see each other ever again. Just walk away now, please.