Chapter 10

TYLER'S POV

Blaire and I walked into science, the last period of the day. Blaire and I sat down next to each other. Sarah walked in, she glanced at both of us, then quickly back at the floor. She took a seat behind us when the our teacher walked in.

"Good afternoon class." The class said 'good morning' in unison. "We're going to be discussing atoms." I zoned out. I was thinking about my own family. My brothers and sisters were perfectly fine. They didn't talk much because whenever they did mum and Dad would just beat the shit out of them. They were very shy and they also don't like getting touched. I don't know how tonight will go. Or if I'll even be able to sneak them out.

"Hey." Blaire's voice snapped me back to reality. "Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Y-Yeah, just thinking." Blaire smiled.

"Here, copy my notes." I did as instructed until I had a page full of notes. The bell rang as I finally finished my second page.

"Okay class! Test next week. You all better be studying." I stood up and headed for the door. "Blaire, Tyler, stay back." I looked back at Blaire confused. We sat back down in our seats as the teacher walked closer. He grabbed a chair and sat in front of us.

"What's up, sir?" I ask as I rest my chin on my hand.

"Well, I've been hearing some bad stuff from some of the kids in my classes. They are saying that they're going to be beating you up or something. You heard anything about this?" I sat up straight.

"No." He shook his head.

"I want you boys to be careful. The kids in this school can be ruthless. If you ever feel unsafe or intimidated, please tell me." We both nodded and left the classroom.

"I think Sarah did something." Blaire was uncomfortably serious.

"What do you think she did?"

"Lied. To get us hurt." It was silent as we walked down the empty hallway. "We'll have to be careful." I nodded. I opened the school doors.

"Hey! Fag!" My head snapped to 3 guys standing next to the door. Sarah was standing there too, she looked as if she didn't want to be there. "Heard you've been messing with my girl."

"That's the dude." Blaire whispered in my ear. "That's the dude Sarah was making out with." I growled. "Don't do anything. We can't risk you getting hurt."

"They touch me, I'll break their face." I whispered back.

"Are you guys dumb? I'm fucking talking to you!" I glanced over to him.

"Shut the fuck up before I jam my fist down your mouth." He took a step back.

"Let's go." Blaire pushed me lightly. I walked down the stairs. They guys stood in front of us. I was taller and a lot bigger then all of them.

"Step back before I make you wish you never knew me." He and his friends laughed. Before a seconds notice he had punched me right in the eye.

"Not so tough now, huh?" I balled my hand into a fist and swung it directly at his face. As soon as it made contact he slumped to the floor. I kicked him in the stomach once. I looked up at his friends that were backing away.

"I'll break every bone in your body if you come near me or Blaire again," I looked at Sarah. "Same goes with you." She looked down, ashamed. I put my hand on Blaire's back and pushed him away. "Let's go."

We walked away from the scene. "Are we gonna go to your place to get your brothers and sister?" I shook my head.

"You're not. I am. You go home. I'll meet you there."

"But why?"

"Because, I said so." I placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled him close. "Just trust me." He nodded.

"Okay, I'll meet you there." We split paths. I walked back to the place I dreaded most.

My home.