Chapter 2

BLAIRE'S POV

I got up after the last period of the day and walked to my locker. What Tyler asked me this morning has been haunting my thoughts all day. I had decided to not tell, Sarah because, it would only cause fights and make thinks more complicated.

"Do you have an answer yet?" I look to my side and see Tyler. I was only up to his chin.

"You're pretty tall." I look ahead of me.

"You like tall guys?" He whispered in my ear. I quickly backed away.

"No... it was just an observation." I picked up my pace down the hall.

"You didn't answer me. Do you have an answer?" I turned to him.

"It's no. It always was no." His ears drooped a little.

"Well, how about I take you to the pier tomorrow. As friends." I stood in front of my locker and started fiddling with it.

"No weird questions?" I swung open my locker and put all the books I needed for homework in my bag and slung it on my shoulder.

"No promises."

"Okay, meet at 7:00pm. But we're just friends." His eyes lit up.

"O-okay! I'll see you then." He then walked away with seemingly a little more bounce in his step.

I walked out of the school gates, I sighed as I put my ear buds in and grabbed my bike. I hate riding my bike home from school, but, it's what I have to do.

I set my bike down next to my front door. I was greeted to the smell of burning. I go into the kitchen and see a whole chicken absolutely charred sitting on a plate in the middle of the table. My mum was standing there, disappointed in herself.

"You okay?" I place my hand on my mum's shoulder. She jumped a little not realising I had gotten home.

"Yeah, I just wanted to make dinner for once. You always cook for your sister and me and, I think you deserve a break." She gave me a hug.

"I love cooking. Dad used to teach me how to cook since I was like 7. I grew up doing that." She placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"I love you honey."

"Love you too mum." I smiled. "What do you guys want?" My mum walked over to the base of the stairs and shouted up to my younger sister.

"Emily! What do you want for dinner?" It was quiet for a second.

"Spaghetti!" I smiled

"She loves that so much." I said as my mum walked past me towards the T.V.

"It reminds her of Dad. Especially the way you make it." She sat down and went on her phone while the T.V. was playing in the background. I smirked and started cooking.

As I finally finished cooking there was a ring at the door. My mum's head peeked up from behind the chair.

"I'll get it." I say as I rolled my sleeves up and started to dry my hands. I opened the door slowly. Only to be greeted by the one and only, Tyler.

"Hey, Blaire!" His smile was from ear to ear.

"How do you know where I live?" I was extremely creeped out.

"Oh. I followed you home."

"You what?"

"It doesn't matter. I have a science test tomorrow and I wanted you to help me study." I sighed.

"I'm about to have dinner, if you haven't eaten already you can come join us." His eyes lit up like they did earlier today.

"I'd love to!" I opened the door fully and let him stroll past me.

"Can you please take off your shoes? My mum doesn't like shoes in the house." He hastily took them off and put them with the rest. "Emily! Dinner's ready!" My 9 year old sister sprinted down the stairs but stopped when she saw Tyler.

"Wow, you're tall." She said before she continued running down the hall.

"Follow me." I lead him to the kitchen where he met my Mum.

"Ah, hello there. I didn't know we where having guests. My name's Amelia."

"Uh, my name's Tyler."

"Emily, come introduce yourself." She stepped out from behind my Mum's legs.

"My name's Emily."

"Well, hello there Emily. How old are you?" He crouched down to become eye level with Emily.

"I-I'm 9." She smiled.

"Really! I'm 17, I'm also in the same year as your brother. Did you know he's the smartest kid in our year?" Emily shyly shook her head. "He's super smart. A+ in every subject." Emily was left dumbfounded, looking at me as if I just found the cure for cancer. Tyler stood straight again. I was astonished at how good he was with kids.

Everyone sat down as I brought the spaghetti over. Now was the time for my Mum to interrogate Tyler... hopefully he doesn't slip up.