Chapter 5: "A Blue Diamond Ring."

Chapter 5 is HERE! Vote & Comment please!!

© Copyright 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Chapter 5: "A Blue Diamond Ring."

Beeping was the first thing I heard. I first I thought it was my alarm clock, and I tried to drag my arm over to shut it off, but I couldn't feel my arm. I frowned to myself, instantly feeling an immense pain. What the heck? Where was I?

"Do you think she'll wake up?" I heard a voice whisper.

I'm awake, I wanted to say, but I couldn't find my lips to speak. Fear curse through me. Why couldn't I move? Why wouldn't I wake up? I need to open my eyes, yet the same happened, I didn't know where they were.

I felt someone caress my cheek "Wake up sweetie" Mom? She continued to caress my face, and all of a sudden the place around materialized. I could feel the comfy feel of a mattress under me. And the thin sheets covering me, but most of all I could feel my own body.

I tried to open my eyes, and this time they followed my instructions, to only be blinded by a bright light. I quickly squeezed by eyes shut again.

"Mia?" I blinked several times before slowly letting my eyes flutter open. Above me I found a familiar face. "Yamine go call the nurse, she's awake."

"Where am I?" I croaked.

"The hospital, honey, you fell down the stairs." My mother told me, stroking my face.

"I wha-" Then the memories came crashing down. The restaurants, the roof, the stairs and finally the hands that came out from nowhere. "No-no I got pushed mom, somebody pushed me."

My mother frowned. "Why would somebody push you?"

"Why would I know?" I tried to push myself up, a huge headache hit me and I felt bad down groaning. "Where's Aaron? Where is he?"

"He's in the waiting room, he's not allowed in until the doctor checks you."

"I want to talk to him. Now. What if he's the one who pushed me?

"Don't be ridiculous, he looks worried sick. As for now you're just going to have to wait."

Right on cue the door open and in walked a man with short brown-grey hair, and a tired look on his face. "Afternoon."

"Afternoon?" I asked, last time I had checked it was night.

"This is the second day you've been out, honey." My mom replied.

"Nothing to worry about, it's not un-natural when it comes to falls like yours. Your body needs time to heal." The doctor came up to my bed, pulling a chair with him. "So how are you feeling? Any memory lapses? 

"Well, when I tried to sit up my head felt like it was cracking open, as for memory I remember all the way up to the fall."

"Good, good." He looked down at the file in his hands. "You're arm is strained, you'll have to wear a brace, but except for that you seem fine. We'll do some general check up just to double check your head, but except for that you should probably be able to go home soon."

"How long will she have to wear the brace for?" My mom asked.

"Just a few days, maybe a week."

After poking and prodding at my head with weird machines, and a full body scan, I was free to go. On the way out I found Yasmine, Parker and Aaron outside in the waiting room. Yasmine straight away grabbed me into a hug. "How you feeling?"