09

Star Pov

I couldn't believe I stood up to Tom today. I'm finally taking control of my own life instead of being miserable. As I was going to head to class I see my body guard waiting for me. "Ms Butterfly time to go home." Oh damn I forgot the arrangement that we had. "Yeah I know what's coming for me." As I got into the car I was a bit nervous and have no idea what's going to happen. "Mother is upset isn't she?" He nods and keeps facing forward. "Figures. I can handle it"

~

"Are you out of your mind?! Breaking up with Tom Lucitor?! The prince of this town?!" I rolled my eyes "Mother I wasn't happy! He had anger issues and he wouldn't let me have friends that are male. He was jealous and too much to handle. Do you not care about my well being?" Mother was pacing "Why couldn't you just go along with it a bit longer?" I couldn't believe this "Are you for real right now? He was about to hurt my friend worse if I didn't step in! Do you know how terrible and insane that is? He's way out of control!"

Mother shook her head "You love that boy that walked you home last time.." I blush and lowered my head "What boy?" She smirks "Star I might be old but I'm not dumb. You fell for that boy when Tom left town. That's probably the reason Tom snapped and hurt your 'Friend' in the first place." Mother walked around me as I felt a bit uncomfortable "May I be excused?" She shook her head "Come on tell me sweetie. While Tom was out of town you and that boy were talking and having fun that you started to fall for him.."

I wanted to cry "That's not true.. " "Oh but your red and I could almost hear your heart beating out of your chest. You snuck out and saw him and even did things you couldn't do with Tom. Correct?" I felt tears in my eyes as I fiddled with my fingers "You love that boy more than you loved Tom.." I wiped my eyes as she glared at me "say anything that isn't true.." I sigh "I loved Tom mother..before he started to change. I didn't want to end things but he just went too far and I had enough! Seeing people I even spoke to get hurt or worse..do you know how terrible that is?"

She looks at me as if it didn't matter "Did you love dad when you two got married?" She gasps a bit taken off guard. "Did You?" She rolled her eyes as she nervously chuckled "Stop being ridiculous of course I Did!" I rolled my eyes as I sat down "Did you or did you do it for the money?" She looked angry and out of no Where She struck me "Star! Oh dear I'm sorr-" I pushed her away from me "Don't touch me!" I got up and ran towards my room "Star! Come back!" I ignored her as I reached my bedroom locking myself inside. I couldn't believe she struck me. Never in my life thought that my own mother would do that. Just cause I asked her a question.

~

I decided to sneak out and get some air. Being in this house was driving me insane and I just wanted to see Marco. He always made me feel safe and comfortable. As I pulled my hood up I stopped in front of eclipsa house. She was going to help me leave this stupid place away from my family to start new. I took a deep breath as I walked up to her front door and knocked. I waited a few minutes as the door opened to reveal her holding her 5 month old infant. "Star? Honey it's quite late?" I broke down as I wrapped my arms around her as she held back slightly as her husband took their child. "I dont know what to do..." I say as she pulled us in. "What's wrong dear?" I sigh as her husband rocked the baby as I look at my hands. "My mother struck me for raising my voice and because I admitted that I was in love with someone else." She held my face gently as she cooed. "Oh love I'm terribly sorry about that. You can stay the night if you like?" I sigh.

"I dont want to impose Eclipsa. Besides I was on my way to my friends place." She tilts her head. "Do you want me to speak to your mother? Her and I go way back. Maybe i could convince her to change her mind about the arrangement?" I shook my head. "You can try all you want but she's not going to listen. Also I still want to leave with you guys after I graduate." She nods as she looks over to her lover and child. "As you wish. My offer still stands if you want to spend the night." I smirked as she held my face. "Thanks but I'm good. Sorry for coming so late." Her husband spoke as he smiled "Its no problem Star. You are welcomed in our home. It's the least we can do." I smiled as I moved towards the door. "Thanks. I'll be off. See you guys. By little girl." I caressed the infants face as she giggles. "Be safe."

I hugged her as I left towards Marco's house. I just need to have him near. As I get close I stop seeing a girl standing at his door as he looked annoyed. I quickly hid behind a tree as she talks more. He seemed like he didnt want to talk to her at all. "Marco, please you need to not get involved with her. Look what happened to you." I groan a bit as he shook his head "Why do you care kelly?! You aren't even in the same town and you magically appear to tell me to leave a girl that I actually love? You're crazy!" The Kelly girl groans "You're not thinking straight! You are putting more things on you knowing you can't handle it!" He grabbed her as she squeaked. "I can handle it! If I handled my mother and my father passing then I can handle this. Just go away Kelly." He let her go as she grabbed his wrist. "I miss you.." I gasped a bit as he looked at her.

"Don't. Don't start with this shit." He pulled his wrist as she shakes her head. "See, you never listen. That's why I broke up with you. You don't care and just go with the flow. What's going to happen when that girl you love sees this side of you?" He scoffs. "She's different. She knows how fucked up my life is and yet she still wants me. She respects me and I respect her. So would you please just go. I got this covered." She sighs "Fine. I'll go but I'll be checking up on you." He nods "Whatever." She starts walking as he stood there watching her. I hid more as she walked by not noticing me. I quickly move as I went towards his room. "Star?" I wave as I ran into his arms. He held tight. "What are you doing here?" I sigh. "Can I stay the night?" He nods as he brings me in now seeing how much Tom hurt him. God what kind if person has he become. "Star your cheek.." I lowered my eyes "Its flushed. Did someone hurt you? Did tom?!" I held his arm "No. He didnt it was my mom. We had a little disagreement and she didnt hold back." He held my cheek as I melted into his touch. "What happened?" I sigh "My mother is upset and wants me to still fix things with Tom. But I can't do it and she kinda figured out that we are messing around. Hence why she struck my cheek." He groans as he shakes his head. "I really shouldn't had gotten involved..I fucked this up so bad for you. I'm sorry Star-" "Hey. Don't go rambling its okay I'm the one to blame. I wanted to do things with you when Tom was away so no one to blame but me." He looked into my eyes seeing how red and puffy they looked as the bruise was visible. "I talked to my family friend and I'm leaving with her after graduation. I wanted to talk to you about it so you won't freak." He nods as he held my face. "Its better that way. You move on and start over. One day we'll cross paths again and when we do it will be magical." I smiled as I nodded as we got comfortable on the bed. "Can we sleep now?" He nods as he sets the bed and turns his lamp off as he pulls me closer. "Goodnight Marco." He kissed my head as he looked down at me. "Night Star." I really just want things to work out.

A/n hello! Finally updated and I know took long to freaking do this. Let me explain. I've been writing lowkey for the past 2 months and I'm just editing and making it sound good before I post it. Also I'm trying to finish unfinished books so I can start new ones. I dont want to start another book if I haven't finished the others. Also sorry for taking so long, I got a new phone and I'm getting used to it and how it works. Lol that's all and see you in a few weeks or so. Bye!