Chapter Seven

Harmony slowly woke to find Opie had twisted around and now had his good arm wrapped around her and his face buried in her stomach. At some point, while they slept, her shirt had either moved up or he had moved it himself to lay his face against her skin. She tried to ignore the way each breath he took tickled her belly or the way that his beard felt soft against her skin as he continued to sleep. Slowly, so as not to wake the sleeping giant, she moved out from under him and laid his head on a pillow before trying to slide off of the bed, but she found herself caught by a hand wrapping around her wrist.

"Sneaking away again?"

Harmony shook her head as she turned to see Opie struggling to get comfortable. Cringing, she shot across the bed to help him. "You're going to tear your stitches! Stop moving around."

Opie just gave her that dead stare that made her heart race. "I wouldn't have to if you weren't trying to run away." He nodded toward the door. "I need to use the bathroom. Unless you want to help, would you mind going and getting a couple of the guys?" She grinned a little as she nodded, sliding off the bed and heading for the door. Before she could make it out, however, Opie spoke again. "And don't leave! We still need to have a talk."

Harmony bit her lip as she stared out into the hallway. "I kind of thought that could wait a while. I mean, you're still healing and I need to go... "

"No, little bit. We need to get that talk in. Today."

Harmony just sighed and nodded her head before stalking out the door and down the hall. She really wished he'd forgotten about that stupid nickname he'd given her all those years ago. She walked out into the clubhouse and saw Tig, Jax, and Chibs sitting at the bar. With a raised brow at Chibs, she spoke to her dad and Jax.

"Opie needs to use the restroom. Can you guys go help him?" They both nodded and jumped down to pass her, Tig giving her a kiss on the cheek in passing. She turned to the Scotsman and put her hands on her hips. "And just why are you out of bed?"

Chibs grinned and winked at her as Bobby came out of the kitchen carrying a coffee pot. "I'm a fast healer, luv. How's the patient this morning?"

Harmony blew out a breath as she hopped up on the barstool next to her friend. "Demanding."

Bobby just chuckled and patted her on the hand. "Let me make you two a breakfast tray up. While you're waiting, grab some coffee."

She sent Bobby a grateful look as he passed her a mug of the steaming hot brew. "Bobby, marry me."

Bobby just laughed before leaning across the bar and giving her a peck on the lips. "I would darlin, in a heartbeat, but I'm pretty sure you're already claimed."

Harmony suddenly remembers something that Tara told her. "Where are the kids? Kenny and Ellie, right?"

Bobby nods. "Mary has them when Ope has club business."

Harmony grins. "Or wants to spend time with a croweater?"

Bobby smirks. "I plead the fifth."

Harmony rolls her eyes as he sets off back into the kitchen. Chibs turns to look at her with a smile on his face. "So why is the patient being demanding this morning?"

Harmony places her elbow on the bar and rests her chin in the palm of her hand as she shakes her head. "He wants to talk."

Chibs chuckles. "That's not a bad thing, darlin."

Harmony shrugs as she sips her coffee. "Maybe, maybe not. It could mean a lot of things. I think it's just better to leave the past in the past, you know?"

Chibs considers what she said for a moment before shrugging. "Aye, I see your point, but darlin, maybe he needs to know what happened so he can move forward."

Harmony just looks at him. "Move forward with what? He seems to be doing pretty well."

Chibs turns fully toward her, wincing a little as he moves his shoulder the wrong way. "Little girl, what you don't know is a lot. He needs to move forward with you, and don't tell me that I'm wrong on that. We both know it, you just don't want to admit it."

Before she can come up with an answer, Tig and Jax are back and Bobby comes out with a tray laden with two plates full of bacon, eggs and toast, another coffee mug, and a carafe. "This is the best I can do for ya, Harm. Go feed your old man."

As Harmony adds her cup to the tray, Jax and Tig sit back down, Tig snickering. "Yeah, you better hurry too. He's scared to death that you left. I think he's ready to lo-jack you."

Jax reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little vial of pills. "He seems to be in some pain but doesn't want to take anything. Tara sent these. Maybe you can get him to take them."

Harmony nods and places the bottle on the tray before carting it all off to the dorm. When she enters, she sees that the guys helped him dress in some comfortable pajama pants and a reaper t-shirt. She grins at the total mess that is his hair as he tries to finger comb it back. She sets the tray down on his dresser and grabs the hairbrush before moving toward the bed.

"You want me to do something with that mop on your head?" When he nods, she sits beside him and starts brushing his hair. Soon, she has it to where she can pull it back out of his face. Once that's done, she plumps the pillows behind him then hands him his plate, setting his coffee mug on the table next to him. She holds up the bottle of pills and gives it a little shake. "How about taking a couple of these for me?"

He shakes his head. "Maybe after we talk. I'm pretty sure those will knock me out." With a nod, Harmony grabs her plate and plops down in the old armchair beside the dresser. "Why are you over there and not here?"

She grins. "I didn't want to jostle you." She points her fork at his plate. "Eat."

They eat in silence, both in their own thoughts. Once done, Harmony gets up and takes the empty plate from Opie and puts it with hers on the tray. She sits back down in the chair and takes another drink of her coffee before sighing. "Ok, what do you want to talk about?"

Opie eyes her for a moment before taking a deep breath. "Why did you leave and why are you back?"