Chapter Eighteen

Harmony had to admit that it was adorable watching Opie in the baby superstore, pulling her along from item to item. They seemed to agree on almost everything they had picked out so far, and Opie was surprisingly knowledgeable about baby stuff. She was currently looking at crib mobiles as he perused the cribs displayed on the far wall. When Opie saw what she was looking at, he shook his head and pulled her gently to the beds.

"You don't need one of those. I have Gemma looking online for one."

Harmony lifted a brow and stared him down, making him smirk. "Why? Any old mobile will do."

Opie snorted and shook his head before turning to the wall of cribs. "Uh, no. I have a certain one in mind, and Gemma said she found it on Amazon." He nodded toward the crib in front of them as he hooked an arm around her waist and pulled her into his side. The baby bed was a dark cherry Jenny Lynd and was quite beautiful, but Harmony was sure it was out of her price range. "This one right here turns into a toddler bed later on, so that will save some money in the long run. Plus, there's a matching changing table and rocker over there."

Harmony shook her head as Opie motioned for the saleslady standing a little ways away. "Opie, I don't think I can afford this one."

Opie looked down at her. "Do you like it?"

Harmony nodded, looking wistful. "Yeah, I love it, but... "

Opie shook his head. "Then that's the one. It's my gift to Max. Sort of a baby shower gift, I guess."

Before Harmony could protest that it was too much for him to spend on Max, he pointed at the crib, then across the sales floor to the changing table and rocker, making the saleslady very happy. "We want this and the matching pieces over there." 

The saleslady nodded, writing down the serial numbers. "There's also a matching cradle as well if you have a need for one."

Opie nodded. "Sure, why not?" He felt Harmony stiffen up and looked down at her. "You'll need the cradle until he gets big enough for the crib. Besides, the cradle can sit beside the bed in the master bedroom."

The saleswoman smiled at Harmony. "First-time parents?"

Before Harmony could reply, Opie beat her to it. "No, actually. This is our third, there are just a few years between the second and this one."

The woman nodded and went off to fill their order as Harmony elbowed Opie in the ribs. "I can't believe you told her that! She thinks we're married now!"

Opie turned his most innocent fact to Harmony, making her snort in amusement. "What? I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Between us, we do have three kids and there are a few years between Ellie and Max."

Harmony just shook her head and decided to let it go. She looked around the showroom floor before looking up at Opie. "I think that's all I need."

Opie shook his head before pulling her along behind him to the other side of the store. "We need a stroller. And another car seat, just in case."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time they met Tig at the cabin to unload everything, it was late afternoon and Harmony was exhausted from shopping. As they got out of the truck, Tig met them by the tailgate. Harmony started grabbing bags as the two men started pulling boxes of furniture out of the truck. 

"Ok, this all goes in the spare bedroom."

Opie shook his head. "Nah, everything but the clothes, diapers, and cradle goes in the shed. I still have to paint Max's room before the furniture can go in there."

Tig just smirked as Harmony glared up at the tall man. "Opie, I'm tired and don't want to argue with you. I can paint the room later."

Opie grins as he leans down to kiss her on the nose, something that he knows annoys her. "Yeah, you could, but I'm going to do it before we move Max in. I've already got Jax lined up to help this weekend. I got this, babe."

Harmony blows out an aggravated breath as Tig just shakes his head. "You might as well give up, Harm. He's gonna do it his way."

Harmony just shook her head. "Well, then, why don't I hunt us up something to eat? I'm starving."

By the time Tig and Opie had the truck emptied and everything put where it went, Harmony had thrown together some soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. They all ate and headed back out, Tig heading to the clubhouse and Opie and Harmony headed to pick up her car. By the time they all pulled into the TM parking lot, it was late evening. As Opie parked beside Harmony's car to let her out, he reached over and pulled her closer. 

"I would follow you back home but I have to go pick up the kids from Mary. Can I see you tomorrow?"

Harmony grinned and nodded. "Yep. Why don't you and the kids come over for dinner?"

Opie thought about it for a moment then nodded, smiling down at her as his arm tightened around her shoulders. "I'd like that, but only if you let me pick up pizza or something. You don't need to cook for all of us after working all day and taking care of Max." Opie pulled her in for a deep kiss before pulling back and looking at her with thinly veiled lust in his eyes. "Ok, get out before I decide to leave all the kids where they are for the night and take you inside to continue what we started this morning."

Harmony giggled like a teenager before letting herself out of the truck. Opie waited until she was safely in the car with the motor running before pulling out in front of her. With a honk between them as they went their separate ways at the traffic light, Harmony made quick work of picking up Max and making a breakfast date with Gemma and Tara for the following morning. 

Later, as she lay in bed watching Max sleep in his new cradle, she slowly drifted off to sleep with the image of hazel eyes and a wicked smile.