Chapter 7 "The start of something new."

Monday 9:30am

"Jane! How many times do I need to tell you to get up?!" My mom shouted angrily while getting her things together and head to work.

"I'm getting dressed mom. Chill!" I replied with a fierce tone.

"It's almost 10 Jane! You're going to be late! Do I need to keep reminding you?!

Silence filled the air.

"No I didn't think so Jane. Get going. I'm heading to work. I'll be late tonight. Don't wait to have dinner." She said while closing the front door and left.

I finished doing what I had to do, got dressed and went downstairs for a quick breakfast.

"Oh hey Micheal! I didn't know you were here." I said as I sat down at the breakfast bar.

"Goodmorning! I mean I am the chef so it's my job to cook for you guys." He chuckled while taking the food out that was already made for me out of the microwave.

"Right. Is this the food that my mom said was on the table?" I replied

"Oh yeah. I didn't want you to eat cold food so I put it in the mic." He said with a serious tone. Handing me a fork.

"Thank you." I smiled

__________

"Thanks Micheal! The breakfast was good!" I shouted from my room, gathered my stuff together and rushed downstairs.

"No problem. I'm glad you liked it." He said with a big smile on his face.

"Alright I gotta go. See you later."  I said heading out the door.

"Wait I made you some coffee. I mean you could've waited til you got to work, since you do work at a coffee shop but I thought it'd be good for your drive." He chuckled with a big smile on his face looking embarrassed while handing me a coffee cup with my name written on it in cursive.

"Haha really? That's sweet thank you so much. I'll need it. Thank you again. I'll see you later." I replied while my face turned hot red. I grabbed the cup and left.

__________

12pm

Work was going good. I got along with my coworkers and I felt comfort here. The entire time working I had a smile on my face, feeling as if I'd always been here. I wasn't nervous anymore.

I think I'll make it out alive from here. I chuckled as those words popped up in my head.

__________

Later that day. 5:20pm

I had 20 minutes left of work. I was so ready to head home and take a bath.

5 minutes later a group of kids came in.

"Hi welcome to Starbucks! I'll be right with you." I said with my back facing the group.

"Alright. Sorry what can I get for you?" I said as I turned around facing the group looking at the register then slowing looking up at the kids to take their order.

There was three girls and four boys. Everyone took their order but one boy. The last boy turned around and came up to the register.

I froze still. Not moving a muscle as I saw Dave in front of me.

"Um what can I get for you?" I said as my voice cracked as I cleared my throat.

"J-Jane." Dave whispered.