Chapter 8 "Dave? Dave who?"

"Sorry! Do I know you??"

"Jane. It's me D-Dave!" He replied.

"Uhm, I'm sorry. Am I suppose to know you?" I said shifting myself to sit properly in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Well yeah. We used to be best friends when we were younger! We've been talking the past couple of months." He said as his voice cracked and his eyes became glossy as tears were filling his eyes.

"Sorry. Dave was it? I really don't recognize nor remember you."

"Umm, O-Oh ok, Sorry if I interrupted you then. Have a good night." He left with his head facing the floor, slowing waddling like a penguin. Which made me laugh because I mean, come on! What kind of person walks like a penguin when they're sad?

I honestly can't continue to pretend that I don't know him. But he hurt me and I really thought I was going to get a fresh start by moving here, even though I knew he'd be around but, I had high hopes that I'd never see him. But my life keeps getting more fucked up than it already is. Like I'm pretty sure there are more Starbucks around but they had to fucking go to the one I work in and make me have a FUCKING ANXIETY ATTACK! LIKE WHAT THE FUCK MAN! I'm just trying to live my life to the fullest and be happy but shit keeps happening. Let's just hope things change.

__________

1 week later...

"Can you guys stop babying me?! I came out of the hospital last week! I'm fine!"

"Jane, honey. We're just trying to make sure you get your nutrients so you can be healthy." My mom answered as she was trying to feed me chicken noodle soup as if I had a cold or some freaking sickness.

"Mom! It was an anxiety attack. It was nothing major. I can feed myself and do everything on my own. I know you care and you're trying to keep me healthy, but I'm fine. Honestly." I said as I grasped my moms hands showing her comfort.

"Listen, I go back to school next week and I have to get everything ready. Ok. Thank you mom, for everything! I love you." I kissed her cheek and went upstairs.

I get where my mom is coming from with all the trying to take care of me and I know that she's my mom and obviously she took care of me when I was younger and she's used to that, but I'm older and can do things on my own. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I'm basically an adult, I gotta live my own life.
(FunFact: you're not an adult until you hit 20. I'm 18 😂)

________

Monday. 5:30am
First day at a new school

"Shit! Shit! SHIT! I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!" I let out a big groan.

6am

"Oh my god! I'm going to go to school looking busted! I can't! I have to look good." I said basically crying.

"You know what! Fuck it."

I grabbed a baby pink long sleeve shirt and some light blue overalls with white vans. Did my hair and makeup and I was finally on my way.

7:30am

7:30am

I had some time to spare so I went to Starbucks, got my morning coffee and was officially ready for school.

7:50am

I had some trouble finding my way to school, but I finally got there. Went to the counselors office, got a tour of the school, got my schedule and went to my first class.

_______

In my first class.

I slowly entered the classroom and handed the teacher my schedule.

"Alright class! Settle down! Settle down!" She yelled
"So we have a new student, her name is Jane. Please tell us about yourself."

*clears throat*
"Hi I'm, Jane Kim. I'm from San Francisco, and I uh like Banana Milk." Everyone and myself chuckled as I said banana milk.

I was to nervous to actually think of things to say about myself.

"Hi Jane." Everyone said in unison.

It kinda creeped me out how everyone just answered at the same time. Like wtf kind of classroom says shit together!

Boy: "Damnn. Look at the new girl bro! She's a total babe!" The boy said as he slightly hit his friend getting his attention.

"Holy. SHIT!"

"Hey language!" The teacher yelled.

"R-right! Um sorry." He replied as he cleared his throat.

Oh shit! That's Dave!. Right when I thought I wasn't going to see this jackass again. I end up going to the same fucking school as him. He can't find out that I'm pretending to not know him.

"Alright sweety, go have a seat behind Becca. Becca raise your hand."

Really?! Her too! I said while rolling my eyes.

As she rose her hand, I told myself I'd never befriend her. No matter how hard she tries I would never give in. I can't be friends with the girl my crush is dating, not in a million years would I ever do that. The fact that I'd be sitting behind her for the rest of the year until graduation annoys me. I need to try to get a different spot.

"Um Ms. I like sitting in the front. Is there any way I can trade seats with someone?"

"Uh well, is there anyone in the front willing to trade seats with Jane?"

"I can trade with her." Said a girl who looked desperate and would do anything to be close with Becca.

"Ok. Trade places quickly please. We already wasted 10minutes of class time!" Ms. Said annoyed.

As we traded I tried not to make eye contact with Dave. He sat in the same row as me but by the window, I sat in middle of the entire row.

___________

After class.

"Hey Jane!" A voice called out as I left the room.

"Uh hi." I said confused.

"Hey it's Dave. I went to visit you at the hospital last week." He smiled

"Ohh yeah. Um can I help you with something?" I asked.

"No I just, well what a coincidence you ended coming to the same school as me." He chuckled.

"Um I don't thin-" I was interrupted.

"Dave, babe we have to go or we'll be let to our next class." Came Becca and planted a kiss on Dave's cheek.

"Right. So see you around Jane!" He winked and went on his way.

I rolled my eyes and went to my next class.

__________

To be continued.....

Thank you all for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I am going to start adding photos so you guys can have a better description of things that are described throughout the story.
I am sorry I took forever to publish another chapter, I've been really busy with school and what not.

Please follow me @itssmejayyy and please like this chapter. Comment if you'd like to be in a chapter :) Thank you again ❤️