Chapter 5 "News"

3 months later

It's been 3 months since I went to Hawaii to surprise Dave. Dave messages me here and there but I don't write him back. I just don't want to talk to him and i don't plan on talking to him anytime soon. He probably wonders why i never write him back.

When I saw him kiss that girl, my heart sank. I regretted ever going there. I hated the fact that he didn't tell me about this girl and making me think that he liked me. I wish he would've told me! Ever since all this stuff happened I tried my best to pretend that I was happy and everything was ok but in reality we all knew I wasn't. I didn't tell my parents about it either because they were so happy that we got in contact with each other again.

_____

"Jane! Dinners ready." My mom yelled from down stairs.

"Alright mom. I'll be right there." I said as I walked out of my bathroom.

"What are we having tonight?" I asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Your favorite, enchiladas." Mom said with a huge smile on her face.

"Why? You only make my favorite when there's something you want to tell me." I asked with a curious look on my face.

She changed her face from happy to sad

"Let's just eat and I'll um.. tell you after."

"Alright."

I sat down. Looking at my food with a fake smile on my face trying to enjoy my food.

"Alright cough it up." I said while crossing my arms along my chest.

"Sweetie. As you know, my job is really important and my job was the reason why we had to move last time." My dad said with seriousness

"Yeah I know. What about it though?"
Feeling confused and nervous about what my parents were trying to tell me.

"Honey. I'm sorry to say this but... we have to move again." My mom said while looking down at her empty plate trying not to look me in the eye.

"We- we're moving?" I said with sadness

I was obviously used to living here. Even though I didn't have friends or a boyfriend, I liked it here. I loved the atmosphere. Everyone is so nice and caring. It breaks my heart that we have to move.

"Yes baby. I'm so sorry. I know that we've stayed still for so long. But my company is moving somewhere else." Dad said while putting his hand on mine, trying to comfort me.

"Where to?" I said with my head down looking at my feet through the table.

At this point I thought about Dave because he's the only person I had actually talked to. But I was trying to keep my distance so I wouldn't have gotten caught up in my feelings again. I just didn't because I know that it'd end up falling for him right then and there. I had to be strong and keep my head up.

"This may sound really dumb and you probably might get upset. But my boss said that it's confidential until we get there. We get to chose the house but we won't know where it is."

"What the hell!" I yelled

"Why?! You work there, he should tell you where we'll be located!" I said while my blood began to boil at the fact that my dads boss was being stupid enough, not to at least let my dad know where we'd be located.

"I know honey. But that's how he wants this to go down, and if I don't agree I will get fired and I don't want that. So we have to do as he says." He said as his eyes became glossy, holding in his tears.

Seeing my dad that way made me feel so bad, my heart hurt seeing him this way. I've never seen him like that. I'm over here getting mad at my dad for something that isn't his fault. I didn't want my dad losing his job because of me. Either way, I don't have a say in this. I had to move. For my dads sake.

*sigh*
"Alright, let's move."  I said putting my hand on my dads trying to get him to look at me.

"When do we move?" I said while slapping my hand my thighs and rubbing them.

"In three weeks." Mom said while grabbing our empty dishes and putting them in the sink.

At the time I had just remembered about my job.

"What about my job dad? If I don't know where we're going, how am i going to be able to transfer jobs without quitting? I began getting more sad than I already was. I didn't want to have to start a new job.

"Umm.. I'll tell him to get you a transfer job so you won't have to quit. The same job right?" He said while getting up from the table looking back at me.

"Yeah. But dad?"

"Yes sweetie.?"

"If you can't get him to transfer me. It's ok. I'll fine another job. Don't worry about it ok?!"

"Alrighty." He came and kissed me on my head.
"Goodnight my love."

"Goodnight pops."

He walked away.

I got up, washed the dishes and went to my room.
As I got to my room I crawled into bed. I let out a big sigh and just laid there until I feel asleep.

______
The next morning.

I woke up to the sound on my phone ringing. I looked over by my alarm to get my phone but It wasn't there. I groaned because I thought I left it there last night. I turned my body so my chest was laying flat on the bed, with my hand checking under the bed.

"Got it!"
I looked to see who was calling. It was a unfamiliar number so I didn't answer it.
I never answer unknown numbers.

I got up did what I had to do and started packing.

We only have basically 2 weeks to be packed. So I tried my best to pack as quick as possible to maybe move out earlier.

Later on, my parents came home from work.

"Hey guys! So I packed a bit." Looking around the house.

"Honey. So my boss said he wasn't going to say where he was locating us but he told me today." He said with a huge smile on his face.

My mom and dad looked at each other with excitement.

"Spill spill spill! I want to know! Come on!."

"Ok ok. We're moving to Hawaii."

"WHAT?"

_______

To be continued...

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter.
Please Vote and follow me @itssmejayyy